• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Dan Dean Solo Woodwinds demo .mp3 #3

Share/Bookmark

Dan Dean Solo Woodwinds demo .mp3 #3

Here\'s another .mp3 of the new woodwinds. This uses the winds in an orchestral setting.
    http://www.halcyon.com/ddean/Puccini.mp3

More later,
    Dan Dean

[This message has been edited by dandean (edited 01-16-2001).]

Re: Dan Dean Solo Woodwinds demo .mp3 #3

That demo was awesome. It really brought out the quality of your woodwinds samples.
    This one did it for me, I will buy this library !!!

But I also liked those strings! Is that Miroslav Strings ?

I use Kirk Hunter Strings, I don\'t get them to sound that good...

Great work, Dan (or whoever did the demo). Goes to show that your woodwinds samples are far more usuable than the first Demo suggested. I\'m guessing you\'re also using your solo strings library on this one? Are you overlaying with solo strings softly on top of the ensemble samples? That\'s what I usually do when I score expressive parts for strings. Anyway, you\'d might want to post only the woodwind parts for that piece as well. Looking forward to the next demo!

Thomas

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Thomas_J:
    Great work, Dan (or whoever did the demo). Goes to show that your woodwinds samples are far more usuable than the first Demo suggested. I\'m guessing you\'re also using your solo strings library on this one? Are you overlaying with solo strings softly on top of the ensemble samples? That\'s what I usually do when I score expressive parts for strings. Anyway, you\'d might want to post only the woodwind parts for that piece as well. Looking forward to the next demo!

Thomas
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Thomas,

I did the demo very quickly to check out the ww parts in a \"real\" situation. Excellent guess that I was feathering in the Violin, Viola and Cello from my Dan Dean Solo Strings. Also, I used the Acoustic Bass from my GigaBass disk...and Gary\'s GigaHarp. No other processing other than some PCM-90 Blue Hall. Quick 2 fader-ride the levels mix to CD and then to .mp3 with normalization.

More Later,
    Dan

Great demo Dan! Everything sounds fantastic. My question is how did you get your solo strings to sound like a large ensemble? Did you layer any other type strings underneath it?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Damon:
    Great demo Dan! Everything sounds fantastic. My question is how did you get your solo strings to sound like a large ensemble? Did you layer any other type strings underneath it? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, and just about any section strings will work for the purpose. Simply layer mine over the top as a great 1st chair player, this way you get the attack, personality and \"rosin\" from the strings.

We\'re doing the first tests on the Dan Dean Solo Brass Collection.

Later,
    Dan

Hello,

except for a few moments in the violins, some pops/crackles and the fact that the strings are a bit too upfront, that is one of the finest orchestral MIDI renderings I have ever heard; Puccini and I give you thanks.

The woodwinds sure sound fantastic, but would it be possible to know some details about the other choirs? What other libraries were used? What effects/mastering tools? Future customers want to know..

Thank you in advance for whatever information you can share..take care!

A-

------
    Andrea G. Pessino (not female, just Italian)
    Blizzard Entertainment

apessino@blizzard.com

Well, I ordered the Solo Strings library today, but it\'s the woodwinds I am really looking forward to.

A quick question: is there any other place besides the NemeSys website to purchase Dean\'s libraries? For some bizarre reason the NemeSys website does not support secure transactions, and that\'s just not acceptable in this day an age. I am all for sending out my card number over the web, but at the very least it must be encrypted in some form!

I found the Solo Strings at audioMIDI.com, but I am afraid they are not going to get the woodwinds as early as NemeSys, and I would like to receive the new library as quickly as possible!

Thank you again for any information you can provide..

A-

---------
    Blizzard Entertainment

apessino@blizzard.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by apessino:
    Well, I ordered the Solo Strings library today, but it\'s the woodwinds I am really looking forward to.

A quick question: is there any other place besides the NemeSys website to purchase Dean\'s libraries? For some bizarre reason the NemeSys website does not support secure transactions, and that\'s just not acceptable in this day an age. I am all for sending out my card number over the web, but at the very least it must be encrypted in some form!

I found the Solo Strings at audioMIDI.com, but I am afraid they are not going to get the woodwinds as early as NemeSys, and I would like to receive the new library as quickly as possible!

Thank you again for any information you can provide..

A-

---------
    Blizzard Entertainment

apessino@blizzard.com
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello again Andrea,

Thanks for ordering my Solo Strings. We should finish with the final beta testing of the Woodwinds in a few weeks. There are some things we still need to finish and so forth. From there, it will be another 2-3 weeks for the CD replication and binders and such. Both Nemesys and I will have the product at the same time. I would be happy to handle the sale, as would Nemesys. I do not have any VISA facilities, so if you wish to use a card, Nemesys would be your best bet. If you don\'t mind sending a check, I will handle it for you. I\'ll ship Priority mail and cover the shipping and handling charges.

Thank you,
    Dan Dean

I too just ordered Dan Dean\'s Solo Strings and am very much looking forward to them. (Why doesn\'t UPS deliver weekends?!) I also look forward to the the woodwinds (though I\'ll have to hold off a while--nearly broke). Also the brass, though I\'m very happy with QLB--save the lack of solo horn. So many aural confections...mmmm...Now if somebody could just put out a good library of talent I\'d be set.

Josh

Go Back to forum