• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Rockola"

Share/Bookmark

"Rockola"

Y'all,

Here is my "Rockola", featuring instruments from various sample libraries including GPO, JABB, SonikSynth 2 and others.

It's all in fun.

Regards to everyone.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Rockola"

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander View Post
    Y'all,

Here is my "Rockola", featuring instruments from various sample libraries including GPO, JABB, SonikSynth 2 and others.

It's all in fun.

Regards to everyone.
    hehehe, and very good fun it is.

There's something that can be so satisfying in hearing pure synth sounds used in a classical or at least semi-classical setting like this. Obviously, shades of the groundbreaking work of Wendy Carlos. You've used that synth lead really well in this, Larry. And I love the purposely robotic drums, the synth strings - the whole, fun bag of tricks in this.

And behind it all, that mathematically/musically very well tuned mind of yours.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    hehehe, and very good fun it is.

There's something that can be so satisfying in hearing pure synth sounds used in a classical or at least semi-classical setting like this. Obviously, shades of the groundbreaking work of Wendy Carlos. You've used that synth lead really well in this, Larry. And I love the purposely robotic drums, the synth strings - the whole, fun bag of tricks in this.

And behind it all, that mathematically/musically very well tuned mind of yours.

Randy
    We're not going to get out of this world alive, Mister Randy, so why not have some fun in the meantime?

Thanks, my friend, for your encouraging words. I appreciate it.

My best.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Yes, a light hearted but pretty complex work. I liked the retro synths instruments.

Tyler, Texas sounds like a nice place to be right now. I might end up living in Boca Del Rio, Mexico someday. It's 72 F at 10:15 PM there tonight and this is their cold weather season.

A good one as usual.

Phil

Larry,

It reminded me a little bit of A Clockwork Orange at first Then it got really not clockwork. Definitely a very fun listen! As usual, wonderfully complete writing.

Bouncin' along,
    Reegs

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    Yes, a light hearted but pretty complex work. I liked the retro synths instruments.

Tyler, Texas sounds like a nice place to be right now. I might end up living in Boca Del Rio, Mexico someday. It's 72 F at 10:15 PM there tonight and this is their cold weather season.

A good one as usual.

Phil
    You are currently living in one of the most beautiful parts of the USA. It's too bad that your Winters are a tad severe.

Thanks for your comments, Mister Phil.

Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs View Post
    Larry,

It reminded me a little bit of A Clockwork Orange at first Then it got really not clockwork. Definitely a very fun listen! As usual, wonderfully complete writing.

Bouncin' along,
    Reegs
    Thanks very much for the kind words.

It was fun to create but not the usual type of music that an old dude like me would write.

Someone told me that the airplane in your avatar (The "Blackbird") will be put back in service! I have always believed that it is the most beautiful and awesome aircraft ever made in the history of aviation. I don't know why it was ever taken out of service.

Regards to you.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum