• Register
  • Help

Topic: Forbidden

Share/Bookmark

Forbidden

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/newthread.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

That is what I get when I attempt to post a new thread in The Listening Room. Any others experiencing this?

Richard

Re: Forbidden

The gnomes inside the machine are tinkering with it!

I think that there's work being done on the forum software and such which we don't hear about (see also the post on BB codes ... one day suddenly all the icons reappeared for me as well). Suddenly today a whole bunch of threads which I know I've read became unread, and I've had other little bits of strange behaviour.

Let's just hope after it's all done things are working smoothly!
    -- Matt Wong

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland View Post
    Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/newthread.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

That is what I get when I attempt to post a new thread in The Listening Room. Any others experiencing this?

Richard
    Yes, those are the same exact error messages I got last time I posted in here. I was about to give up when I remembered that Trent had a thread here in General Discussion called "Blacklisted?"--and he had a solution posted. I looked it up again, followed his advice, and was able to put up my new post.

What he discovered was that there seems to be a limit on how many links can be in a post that use images or text for the link. He changed some of his links to just the naked URLs, and the error messages stopped.

I had 4 links in my post, one with an image, the other three with text being used as the link. Trent said 3 seem to be the limit, so I changed those 3 to naked URLS, and used the one fancy link for the most important part of the message. It instantly worked, just as Trent said it would.

---If you don't have multiple links in your post that are using text or images for the clickable link--then--I'm out of ideas.

Randy

I've seen some strange behavior today as well. At one point in the day I got logged out. When I logged back in it said thank you for logging in screen but didn't show 'swinkler' at the top. Rather it showed me the username/password text boxes as if I wasn't logged in.

Then later and even now, I can log in but every thread looks like I haven't read it yet. So hopefully it will sort itself out.
    Steve Winkler GPO4 JAAB3 Finale 2012 Reaper Windows 7 Pro 64-bit VSL SE+

Quote Originally Posted by swinkler View Post
    I've seen some strange behavior today as well. At one point in the day I got logged out. When I logged back in it said thank you for logging in screen but didn't show 'swinkler' at the top. Rather it showed me the username/password text boxes as if I wasn't logged in.

Then later and even now, I can log in but every thread looks like I haven't read it yet. So hopefully it will sort itself out.
    All of those things happened to me today too - I was logged out, I logged in, my name didn't appear, but I was logged in. And all the threads are in bold as if I haven't read them.

But this issue of having a limited number of links that use images or text has been going on for awhile, not just today.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Silh View Post
    The gnomes inside the machine are tinkering with it!

I think that there's work being done on the forum software and such which we don't hear about (see also the post on BB codes ... one day suddenly all the icons reappeared for me as well). Suddenly today a whole bunch of threads which I know I've read became unread, and I've had other little bits of strange behaviour.

Let's just hope after it's all done things are working smoothly!
    Glad to see it wasn't just me (or maybe not). This is just plain weird. I also got booted out and had to login again. And all of the threads I had read earlier showed up like they were new. What the $^@$%$ is going on here? Think maybe we should start our own site for Garritan users and just leave Northern Sounds to die a slow death?

Gary
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Quote Originally Posted by serenitymusician View Post
    ...Think maybe we should start our own site for Garritan users and just leave Northern Sounds to die a slow death?

Gary
    Well, it seems possible to me that since Garritan is now a part of MakeMusic, that the Forum could be reincarnated at MM's very pro, very well run Forum site. Time will tell if this is a good prediction.

Randy

Yep, three is the limit.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland View Post
    Yep, three is the limit.

Richard
    Ah, so that was the case with you also. Well, at least we know how to get our posts up when we need multiple links.

EDIT: But I should add, that you Can put up a post with image and text links instead of naked URLS. Like in the example of my last IO tutorial post, I still could use an image for the main link, but the links to the 3 previous videos had to be nakeds. That made a total of 4 links - they just couldn't all be "fancy" links.

Randy

Go Back to forum