• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Romantic Bossa GPO and others

Share/Bookmark

Lightbulb Romantic Bossa GPO and others

Hi my dear fellows,

After a medium absence here in the forum... I'd like to post some new stuff of mine called Bossa a la Martin
    It's a romantic Bossa in a lush style. Hope you like that title. Comments always very welcome. :-)

Best
    JL

Re: Romantic Bossa GPO and others

Quote Originally Posted by Jaques View Post
    Hi my dear fellows,

After a medium absence here in the forum... I'd like to post some new stuff of mine called Bossa a la Martin
    It's a romantic Bossa in a lush style. Hope you like that title. Comments always very welcome. :-)

Best
    JL
    Really nice, Jaques--Beautiful guitar work. In a "lush" style is very accurate. I know some folks here will really like this.

There's something odd about your Box link - It took me to my Box account where I had to sign in. It looks like an embedding code meant for collaborators perhaps. If you click the menu, go to "get link" and choose the first one, not the direct one. That link will take the public to a Box page with the MP3 player. I think that with the link you're using, people who don't have Box accounts won't be able to play access it.

One other thing - I noticed the recording was very quiet and I had to turn my volume knob up. I looked in Sound Forge and saw that the wave form is very small. I clicked Normalize, set to just under 100%, and now the wave looks normal, the music doesn't suffer at all. Even soft, lush music needs to take advantage of the full volume arrange available.

Thanks for the smoooooth music!

Randy

Dear Randy,
    Thanks for your nice words. I have all nessesary changes done now. The title have a higher volume now and I have a direct link to it. Box net had done some changes in his system so that I couldn't found some nesessary functions.

Thanks for your mention.

Best JL ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaques View Post
    Dear Randy,
    Thanks for your nice words. I have all nessesary changes done now. Thr title have a higher volume now and I have a direct link to it. Box net had done some changes in his system so that I couldn't found some nesessary functions.

Thanks for your mention.

Best JL ;-)
    Very good, Jaques - I just now listened, and the volume is good now. And that's the right link - it took me straight to a page with the MP3 player, and didn't make me sign in to my Box account like before. Now everyone can enjoy your Bossa.

Randy

Hey Jaques! Man this great. I love the melody. I sounds like you are playing live guitar, ( A very nice performance by the way.) The background pads and such, fit the music perfectly. I enjoyed this very much. Hoping to hear more.
    Jay

Jaques,

What a gentle bossa you have come up with!
    It feels like being in a floating boat that is moved gently from side to side by small waves.

The guitar sounds great and one recognizes your unique style.

And you always have some surprise at the end...

Enjoyed these bossa 'waves' very much!

~ Yudit ~

This is a relaxing and quiet Bossa. I like it! It is especially nice this morning as we are getting hammered with a snow storm and it looks dark and dreary here. Your music lifted me away (far away) to a sunny beach and an ocean breeze.

I find it hard to believe this is not a live performance. You have orchestrated this well and Garritan samples have not sounded any better!

Thank you for the little moment of being carried away to a distant and warm place.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Dear Jay,
    Thank you for the kind words. In fact I've forget to mention ..it's a live guitar played by a friend. I love arranging this title for strings, band and WW. Because I love to do lush string writing w. WW & horns .

I use for the strings a combination from GPO Lush mute str. -- from Vln to Celli and combinate them with a sordino ensemble from Symphobia I .

Thx for listening

Best JL

Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01 View Post
    Hey Jaques! Man this great. I love the melody. I sounds like you are playing live guitar, ( A very nice performance by the way.) The background pads and such, fit the music perfectly. I enjoyed this very much. Hoping to hear more.
    Jay

Hi Yudit,

Makes me smile that you like this little piece. I try to make it easy and breezy like a sunny coast.
    Sunshine and happynes. The guitar has been played live by a friend of mine . To record the guitar with samples sounds this way is quite not possible ..or with a lot of work in re-modification to make it real sounding with all these little sound besides the played notes. It's been faster to record a live musician for this music. The end was in fact my little surprise...:-)

My very best
    JL

Quote Originally Posted by sunbird View Post
    Jaques,

What a gentle bossa you have come up with!
    It feels like being in a floating boat that is moved gently from side to side by small waves.

The guitar sounds great and one recognizes your unique style.

And you always have some surprise at the end...

Enjoyed these bossa 'waves' very much!

~ Yudit ~

Dear Rich,

Thank you for this kind words. It has been for the guitar in fact a live recording. To doing such bossa stuff you must have a real guitar player who knows the style and all these little things wich makes this tune breathing.
    The strings are a combination of GPO lush mutes strings with a sordino ensemble from Symphobia I actually have yet finished an arrangement for a Jazz quartett for "Nany with the lauhing face" realized entirely with GPO in combination with LASS strings and VSL for the str. parts. A bossa brings always a sunny feeling in a gray stormy, winter or rainy location..I knowing that effect as well...it's funny that you feel the same way :-)

Best - JL

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    This is a relaxing and quiet Bossa. I like it! It is especially nice this morning as we are getting hammered with a snow storm and it looks dark and dreary here. Your music lifted me away (far away) to a sunny beach and an ocean breeze.

I find it hard to believe this is not a live performance. You have orchestrated this well and Garritan samples have not sounded any better!

Thank you for the little moment of being carried away to a distant and warm place.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast