• Register
  • Help

Topic: Midi Key Board only plays the first channel in ARIA

Share/Bookmark

Midi Key Board only plays the first channel in ARIA

M-Audio Midi Key Board only plays the first channel in ARIA

Ok, I have an M-Audio Keystation 61es.
    1. I go to channel one and select violin, and go to channel 2 select piano.
    2. Click on channel 1 and play keys on the midi keyboard I get the correct sound (the violin)
    3. Click on channel 2 where I have the piano, play keys on the midi keyboard, I do not get the piano sound, I still get the violin sound. This only happens when I play from the midi keyboard and it affects channels 2-16.

If I use my mouse and click on the virtual keyboard in Aria everything is normal, All channels with their selected sound are ok (1-16).

It seems like my midi keyboard only recognizes only the first channel in Aria or the opposite.

How do I get to play the different selected sounds from channel 2 -16 using my midi keyboard.

Where am I going wrong with this?

Thank you.

Re: Midi Key Board only plays the first channel in ARIA

Hi, your midi keyboard is set to only send data on channel one.

If you are just using aria player directly with the keyboard, you might have to use the keyboards channel change feature. Or you can set the aria channels to 1 (even if an instrument is in the '2' slot you can set the output channel to 1 - or to omni).

If you are using a DAW program and have aria plugged into it, you can create a track, have it set to receive on arias channel 2, and arm that track. Then the keyboard will play only the armed tracks.

It's easy in practice - but complicated to explain without graphics. I'm not at my real pc right now so can't provide clearer instructions. If no one beats me to it, I'll add more when I'm home.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Tried changing your MIDI keyboard to transmit to each channel, not receive since the keyboard is sending the data to ARIA.

Jim

Hi jbmlevu,

As Jim says, you need to set the keyboard to send data on the channel you wish to play back on. The manual of your keyboard tells you how to change channels.

Herbert
    GPO, JABB, CMB, GWI, GOFRILLER, HALION PLAYER, ACCORDIONS by E Tarilonte
    Cubase 6, Notation Composer, VSTHost, GoldWave audio editor.

Interests:
    Good Food, Gemütlichkeit, Wein Weib und Gesang – History, Politics, Civil Law –
    Electronics, Software Development, Physics – Plant Physiology, Creative Horticulture –
    Photography, Painting, Wood Working - Midi Orchestration, Music, Music, und Musik …

Thank you for your help guys, I am new to this and it looks like I will have to read. Your suggestions are most welcomed.

Are you talking about using ARIA as a VST in music software, like Sonar, Cubase, Finale, etc - or are you talking about using the "stand alone" ARIA which you can access from your desktop icon?

Randy

Go Back to forum