• Register
  • Help

Topic: installation problem

Share/Bookmark

installation problem

I have shoved my old pc into the loft, and now use a new laptop and a new desktop pc, both with bigger capacity and using Windows 7. I recently bought World Instruments, and have used disks to load older versions of Marching Band, The Strad, the Gofriller. GPO4 upgrade was download only software so I have downloaded to my new machines but Aria has a problem with it.. Unfortunately nothing of all the above loads or makes a sound. Neither does Aria Player respond to World Instruments which is brand new, other than to play the same croaking noise no matter which instrument is selected. It tells me neither have been activated, but the activation cards emailed from the garritan site do not drag and drop.

In order to continue to use GPO with Overture I have had to load my original CDs (about 7 years old). These have reinstalled Kontakt Player 1 which is four versions out of date and not supported. I have downloaded Kontakt Player 5 from the NI site but it doesn't seem to accept any of programmes. I have a feeling my problems may lie somewhere in those little .dll files and where they stash themsolve my machines. But maybe not. If anyone spots in all this a familiar idiot's issue, I don't mind being classified an idiot as long as the outcome is a solution.

Re: installation problem

Progress. Installing an ASIO driver seems to work wonders. The new hardware does not come with it.

Go Back to forum