• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Around the Kitchen

Share/Bookmark

Around the Kitchen

Not sure if this is a crowd that will like this song, but I made this last week and it features GPO. I tried to get the programming to sound "real" but I've grown so used to how GPO sounds that I can't tell the difference any more.

you can skip forward to the part where the strings and stuff come in at around 1:33 if you can't stand the first minute and a half. If anyone can point out any major issues, that would be helpful.

Thanks.

http://soundcloud.com/bozmillar/around-the-kitchen
    Boz Millar

Re: Around the Kitchen

Boz! This may not be a first, but it may as well be, it's been so long since an electric guitar driven piece has been posted here, certainly haven't heard anything this electric and in-your-face. You get a big round of applause from me for posting it, because I'm a big advocate of this Listening Room becoming a place where all genres of music are welcomed and posted - without the submitters needing to feel awkward or shy about it.

This recording sounds great! You got it down, how you want your music to be produced. It's slick and pro sounding.

Schizo song!--So many mood changes, and when the orchestral section comes in, it couldn't be more surprising. Nice use of the harp and strings - that segment sounds more than fine to me.

It may not be musically cohesive, but it sure kept my attention!

That one got me, Boz--THANKS for posting it.

Randy

Excellent track. The guitars are awesome! Like Randy said, interesting changes in mood and tone - the orchestral section is very well done. To my ear's the strings need more meat and slower (more varied) attacks on some notes, but you've done a great job on them regardless.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

This is one heck of an interesting mix of sounds. I did enjoy it. I bet you had a lot of fun putting it together.
    Thanks for posting it. Jay

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. My wife mentioned something about the violin attack being off, but I can never teill if she says that just because she knows they are samples.
    Boz Millar

Don't know what you do in the kitchen normally, but what you brewed here is very spicy. Is it edible? Ok, this is not my style of music, but at least this a musical. Great!!!

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    Don't know what you do in the kitchen normally, but what you brewed here is very spicy. Is it edible? Ok, this is not my style of music, but at least this a musical. Great!!!

Raymond
    I may have over reacted a bit when I burned my pizza.
    Boz Millar

"...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Wiktor View Post
    Brings me back to my youth....
    Are you thát old, always thought that musicians have eternal youth..........

Raymond

I'm sure you've heard of DreamTheater and/or Pelican...??
    Yes and Yes.

Great recording/rendering.... Is the bass player playing w/ his fingers?
    yeah, I'm a finger player. I've never liked the sound I get playing with a pick. Sometimes if I have to play fast I'll switch to a pick, but it's pretty rare.

Enjoyed!
    Thanks.
    Boz Millar

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast