• Register
  • Help

Topic: Please visit fleaorchestra.com -- 99.999% Garritan, no scans

Share/Bookmark

Please visit fleaorchestra.com -- 99.999% Garritan, no scans

Listen to Salty Dog Flea Orchestra at fleaorchestra.com

No scans were used, 100% hand-rendered

99.999% Garritan (nightingale in Pines of Rome and 16-inch guns from Iowa class battleships in 1812 Overture were NOT Garritan)

Re: Please visit fleaorchestra.com -- 99.999% Garritan, no scans

Quote Originally Posted by cubfanstew View Post
    Listen to Salty Dog Flea Orchestra at fleaorchestra.com

No scans were used, 100% hand-rendered

99.999% Garritan (nightingale in Pines of Rome and 16-inch guns from Iowa class battleships in 1812 Overture were NOT Garritan)

----No scans were used?---I'm not even sure what you mean by that. Programs that scan sheet music into notation programs can't automatically provide results that can be rendered to audio successfully--they always need editing. But is that what you're talking about?

But could could you please select one piece, make that individually available, and post the link to it, if you'd like us to listen. I know that most members aren't going to want to go to your site and sift through all the things posted there.

Post one piece which uses some Garritan instruments, and we'd like to listen.

Randy

Listened to a couple - certainly sound 100% hand entered. Not debunking hand entered work mind you - people here do amazing jobs with it.

But you do have to 'humanize' it a lot more than performed pieces. The sound is tinny and there appears to be a lack of cc data being applied.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Graham "Plowking" made me curious to go take a listen-- We can only hear short snippet previews because the page is for buying the songs at itunes.

I consider this thread spam. If you want to share music here, please post the link to a single piece, an entire piece, which listeners don't have to pay for. Otherwise, please don't post pages like this again.

Randy

This is a no, spam?

Raymond

Maybe it is spam. Here is the introduction to Also Sprach Zarathustra on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Graham "Plowking" made me curious to go take a listen-- We can only hear short snippet previews because the page is for buying the songs at itunes.

I consider this thread spam. If you want to share music here, please post the link to a single piece, an entire piece, which listeners don't have to pay for. Otherwise, please don't post pages like this again.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by cubfanstew View Post
    Maybe it is spam. Here is the introduction to Also Sprach Zarathustra on YouTube.
    Thanks for that YT link, Cubfanstew - This is a better way to post, and so I appreciate it. "Spam" may have been a bit harsh to say, but it just bothered me that what you first posted was selling music instead of posting a piece for us to hear.

Your "Zarathustra" sounded pretty darned good to me!

Randy

+1. the good old Zarathustra goes on and on talking to us. Isn't there anybody who can make him speechless (kidding of course).

Raymond

Hi cubfanstew,

What software did you use for notation? I just got Sibelius 7 as a birthday present and after using it for 2 weeks, I have to say that I am somehow disappointed with the Sibelius 7 Sounds and am checking to see what other sounds I can buy to get a more professional sound in the playback. GPO is one of the choices.

Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Finale 2008 with GPO (old version) and Jazz & Big Band

Quote Originally Posted by yyaman View Post
    Hi cubfanstew,

What software did you use for notation? I just got Sibelius 7 as a birthday present and after using it for 2 weeks, I have to say that I am somehow disappointed with the Sibelius 7 Sounds and am checking to see what other sounds I can buy to get a more professional sound in the playback. GPO is one of the choices.

Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Go Back to forum