I am a very-very amateur music lover and I am trying to learn music making and orchestring by (I think trial and error). I have purchased the following (some a while ago, some not so long ago):
It works beautifully together (i.e. when I call for a Steinway in Sibelius, I see in the mixer that is chooses Steinway from Garritan, and so on). I have a few questions though:
- Garritan Personal Orchestra
- Sibelius First
- Garritan Instant Orchestra
- When I use Sibelius, I can use my querty-keyboard to input the notes (when I call up the keyboard, I can use a - g to play the instrument, and use CTRL-DOWN ot CTRL-UP to go down or UP an octave). Can you play the Aria Standalone keyboard by the qwerty-keyboard and how ? (I have seen this happen in video, allthough maybe they were playing some midi-keyboard - also, when you read the accompanying user's guide, you can only play it by mouse, which makes chords hard to do).
- Can you (and how) mix the several instruments and play them as ine instrument (for example, play all the strings with one keyboard) ? This is off course not doable when the note-range is not entirely the same. I have the notion that Garritan IO serves this function, allthough I only can play one instrument at the time. I can still mix them together when playing the parts seperately in Sibelius.
- Is there a Garritan Users guide or book for dummies like me, because some of the stuff are prerequired knowledge, as I read it ? Or some easy to follow tutorials which begin from the beginning ?
- I have not very much room in my study, and I am looking for a small USB midi-keyboard (25 keys or so), because qwertying can be a hassle. Can you give me some advice here ?