• Register
  • Help

Topic: Unzipping the downloaded Zip file

Share/Bookmark

Unzipping the downloaded Zip file

Help! Today I downloaded the Garritan Personal Orchestra. I got the zipped file, and I saw something that said to put it in a temporary file or something, which I'm not sure how to do. But I tried to extract the files and I keep getting a message that says the compressed file is empty. I know it's not because I checked under "properties." Then I tried sending the zip folder to another folder, which seemed to work, but it's the same thing when I try to extract. I've got the keycard, but I have no idea where the ARIA player is. I sent a message on the tech support area of the Garritan website but haven't gotten a reply yet.

Can any of you help me?

Ron

Re: Unzipping the downloaded Zip file

Hi Ron,

When I've downloaded zipped files and get an empty message it's been a failed download for me. This might not be your problem though. Others here might be able to shed some light on it for you.

As far as the Temporary folder, you just create a new folder yourself so that you can extract the GPO zipped file to.
    Then you run the GPO exe file from there.

The ARIA will turn up once everything has been extracted and the GPO programme is launched. You will then be able to use your keycard.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
    yjoh

Music... A Joy For Life.

I would only add that you don't actually have to create a temporary internet file. It does it for you when you click Next. It also then knows where to find it when you come to extract.

Hi Dermod

Ron doesn't have to create an internet file but he does need to create a new folder somewhere on his computer if he has downloaded GPO for windows. These are the instructions from the Garritan download page. I followed this when I downloaded my GPO4 and World etc. I assumed that is what I was supposed to do and all went well.

I think Ron's download didn't come down properly. Is that your impression as well?

yjoh

Music... A Joy For Life.

Quote Originally Posted by yjoh View Post
    Hi Dermod

Ron doesn't have to create an internet file but he does need to create a new folder somewhere on his computer if he has downloaded GPO for windows...]
    It can be done even more simply than that. In my own case, the downloaded Zip files is in my Download folder. With that folder open, I click "extract all files" and the default location for the Unzipped version of the folder is in the same location - in the master Download folder. No creation of a new folder is needed. Then, click the exe file in that, and off you go.

Randy

Thanks for all the tips, guys. It turned out that my zip file was corrupted, so I downloaded it again and it worked fine. I'm still trying to figure out how to work with it. I'll start another thread with my questions.

Go Back to forum