• Register
  • Help

Topic: The INIL Choir - 10CC Voice Loops

Share/Bookmark

The INIL Choir - 10CC Voice Loops NOW OUT!!!

The INIL Choir - 10cc Voice Loops

NOW OUT!!! www.sampletekk.com

In 1974 10CC recorded their third album, "The Original Soundtrack".
    On that album there was a song that would not only be one of the greatest songs ever recorded, it also was a production masterpiece, way ahead of its time.
    The song is, of course, "I'm Not In Love" written by Eric Stewart and co-writer, Graham Gouldman.

A prominent feature of the song are those amazing, ethereal choral parts.
    Since this was pre-digital times, there have been a lot of discussions and theories about how these fantastic voices were produced.

Eric Stewart, explains: "It was Lol that came up with the idea of making tape-loops, that would run endlessly. So, we spent three weeks recording three guys, just singing 'ahhhhhh', on to Strawberry Studios 16-track Studer tape machine. Each note had 16 tracks of three people singing, giving me 48 voices for each note of a chromatic scale. That's 13 notes x 48 voices which gave me 624 voices to play with in my mix"

The 16 tracks notes were then individually mixed down to 1/4 inch tapes that were then looped, from the stereo Studer machine, using mike-stands with rollers to tension tape-loops properly, and then recorded back to the 16 track, so that each note was on a separate track on the 16 track Studer Tape recorder.

Eric Continues: "The four of us then actually got around the control desk, and started to change the notes of each chord as it was changing within the song, moving the notes up and down with the faders, but while this was changing, I also had a constant background of all the 13 voice notes sizzling away just underneath the stereo mix-down. This is where the ethereal sound of 'I'm Not in Love' was developed from".

These choirs are unique. There's simply nothing else like them! The combination of voices and the way they where produced have given them a sound that's truly one of a kind.

Now, SampleTekk, in cooperation with Eric Stewart of 10CC, are very proud to announce the release of the virtual instrument, The INIL Choir, thus taking one of the most famous analogue samples into the digital era.

Listen to "I'm Not In Love" here!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Re: The INIL Choir - 10CC Voice Loops

Fantastic idea!
    David

Were you able to use the original 10cc multi-track tapes in creating this library? Any chance of including the "big girls don't cry" bit? I once saw a documentary that described the creation of these vocal loops, it was a classic example of reaching 20 years into the future technologically.

Anyway just tell me how much cash you want and where to send it...

Quote Originally Posted by TechEverlasting View Post
    Were you able to use the original 10cc multi-track tapes in creating this library? Any chance of including the "big girls don't cry" bit? I once saw a documentary that described the creation of these vocal loops, it was a classic example of reaching 20 years into the future technologically.

Anyway just tell me how much cash you want and where to send it...
    He, he... good idea, I'll check with Eric if that's available! But, I think it's big boys don't cry....
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

According to the documentary I saw the loops were playing continuously and routed one note at a time to mixing board faders - the board itself became the instrument, which was played by turning up and down individual faders. They then went back and played the multi-track tape at half-speed to add the artificially low voices.

I'd love it if you could design the Kontakt interface to allow a MIDI-fader-controller to recreate this unique performance interface. (If not I'll have to do it myself...)

Superb!

Want!

B

Quote Originally Posted by TechEverlasting View Post
    According to the documentary I saw the loops were playing continuously and routed one note at a time to mixing board faders - the board itself became the instrument, which was played by turning up and down individual faders. They then went back and played the multi-track tape at half-speed to add the artificially low voices.

I'd love it if you could design the Kontakt interface to allow a MIDI-fader-controller to recreate this unique performance interface. (If not I'll have to do it myself...)
    Cool idea!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

We have now released the INIL Choir!
    Check it out at: www.sampletekk.com
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Not From The Original Multitracks!

Great idea, but please note these are not the REAL 10cc voice loops from the LP! If they are the originals, then they've been heavily processed beyond recognition! I have a digitized copy of the original multitrack tapes for the song "I'm not in Love" and I can say without a doubt that it sounds like this collection of samples was not created from the original source! Want proof that I have the original multitracks to this song? My youtube user name is TheBradyArnold and I have a video of just the voice loops isolated from the original recording. Sorry, but I just had to set the record straight...

Re: Not From The Original Multitracks!

Quote Originally Posted by vutdevuk View Post
    Great idea, but please note these are not the REAL 10cc voice loops from the LP! If they are the originals, then they've been heavily processed beyond recognition! I have a digitized copy of the original multitrack tapes for the song "I'm not in Love" and I can say without a doubt that it sounds like this collection of samples was not created from the original source! Want proof that I have the original multitracks to this song? My youtube user name is TheBradyArnold and I have a video of just the voice loops isolated from the original recording. Sorry, but I just had to set the record straight...
    I'm a bit upset here since you actually accusing us for something that's really serious.

This are the real voice loops from the 10CC recording of "I'm not in love"
    We are working together with Eric Stewart of 10CC on this and it is him who have provided us with the loops.

The samples that where used for this library was digitalized from the original tapes!

You have a Youtube video, we have the man who wrote, produced and recorded the song. 'nuff said!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Go Back to forum