• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Topic: Using Finale and GPO4 for playback

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Using Finale and GPO4 for playback

    If anyone is interested in the following, I can attempt to create a kind of workshop for using Finale and GPO4 for playback.

    When I say workshop, I kind of mean just allowing access to one of my score files, perhaps with notes on how I adjusted it for playback and set it up - and of course the accompanying MP3 so you can hear the results.

    Maybe we can turn the thread into a useful resource for Finale users.

    I work with a DAW now, but Finale and GPO4 really got me started - and it's perfectly fine to remain in Finale - and if that is your goal then I think I can offer useful information to some of you.

    Here's the MP3 to which I am thinking of sharing the score file to

    http://www.gamesofcthulhu.com/music/allegro.mp3

    Let me know your thoughts - ideally I'd feel its worthwhile if there is a few people interested.

    Note - my version of Finale is 2011 - so you may need this version and later.
    Website:
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

  2. #2

    Re: Using Finale and GPO4 for playback

    I'd certainly be interested. I'm an avid Finale user and I'm sure there are things I could do to improve playback.

    Thanks for offering to head this up.
    Steve Winkler GPO4 JAAB3 Finale 2012 Reaper Windows 7 Pro 64-bit VSL SE+

  3. #3

    Re: Using Finale and GPO4 for playback

    Any insights into making a better Finale render is always useful. I'd be interested. I work in Finale 2011 and then port over via a midi file to Sonar X1. But, for real quick rendering without the time spent in a DAW, this would be an excellent tutorial.

    Go for it!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

    Rich

  4. #4

    Re: Using Finale and GPO4 for playback

    This is great, Graham.

    There are plenty of Finale users who would like to present their compositions with better sounding recordings, especially if the process isn't overly complicated. I'll be taking a look at what you post also. Even though I don't use Finale, I'd like to understand better what users can do with it.

    Thanks!

    Randy

  5. #5
    Senior Member Tom_Davis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ellendale, ND
    Posts
    1,486

    Re: Using Finale and GPO4 for playback

    Quote Originally Posted by Plowking View Post
    If anyone is interested in the following, I can attempt to create a kind of workshop for using Finale and GPO4 for playback.

    When I say workshop, I kind of mean just allowing access to one of my score files, perhaps with notes on how I adjusted it for playback and set it up - and of course the accompanying MP3 so you can hear the results.

    Maybe we can turn the thread into a useful resource for Finale users.

    I work with a DAW now, but Finale and GPO4 really got me started - and it's perfectly fine to remain in Finale - and if that is your goal then I think I can offer useful information to some of you.

    Here's the MP3 to which I am thinking of sharing the score file to

    http://www.gamesofcthulhu.com/music/allegro.mp3

    Let me know your thoughts - ideally I'd feel its worthwhile if there is a few people interested.

    Note - my version of Finale is 2011 - so you may need this version and later.
    I would be very interested in Finale 2012 and GPO4 information. Although at the moment I can not get any of my Garritan samples in the Finale 2012 64-bit software.

  6. #6

    Re: Using Finale and GPO4 for playback

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    I would be very interested in Finale 2012 and GPO4 information. Although at the moment I can not get any of my Garritan samples in the Finale 2012 64-bit software.
    Tom, did you get my last PM? --You have a new 64 bit machine, and I think you may be trying to use the 32 bit ARIA .dll file instead of the 64 bit. Check that you have the correct one in the VST folder that Finale uses.

    Randy

  7. #7

    Re: Using Finale and GPO4 for playback

    I would be very interested. Ideas and shared thoughts are why I come here!
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

    Challenge #10 Winner

  8. #8
    Senior Member Tom_Davis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ellendale, ND
    Posts
    1,486

    Re: Using Finale and GPO4 for playback

    Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Tom, did you get my last PM? --You have a new 64 bit machine, and I think you may be trying to use the 32 bit ARIA .dll file instead of the 64 bit. Check that you have the correct one in the VST folder that Finale uses.

    Randy
    Thank you, Randy. With my original GPO there is no option given for x64, and I get the old notice that I can only use it for 30 days. But it works with the new system. However, because of code and registration issues, I cannot retrieve my GPO4 upgrade, or any of the programs from Garritan that I downloaded. All efforts to register, download and activate are met with notes saying the software belongs to someone else. I had one suggestion to jjust bite the bullet and buy everything new. No response from Garritan yet, so I'll wait awhile. But if I have to buy everything again, I think I'll first look at other libraries.

  9. #9

    Re: Using Finale and GPO4 for playback

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    Thank you, Randy. With my original GPO there is no option given for x64, and I get the old notice that I can only use it for 30 days. But it works with the new system. However, because of code and registration issues, I cannot retrieve my GPO4 upgrade, or any of the programs from Garritan that I downloaded. All efforts to register, download and activate are met with notes saying the software belongs to someone else. I had one suggestion to jjust bite the bullet and buy everything new. No response from Garritan yet, so I'll wait awhile. But if I have to buy everything again, I think I'll first look at other libraries.
    Well something is seriously wrong there. I take it that you used the support form at the business site for your inquiry?

    Randy

  10. #10

    Re: Using Finale and GPO4 for playback

    Would love to check this out myself; always looking out for hints/tips.

Go Back to forum

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •