• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Leaving

Share/Bookmark

Leaving

Due to unfortunate circumstances I feel that it is best if I leave this forum. It seems that it always the person who is trying to help that gets made the villian. I had a feeling that this may be the outcome but I felt strongly enough about the cause to take the chance. My presence on this board was for two reason\'s.

1. try to help people whenever I could. People who have been on here know that I have helped many people anyway I could.

2. provide information on my products and alow users to give feedback in the products that we produce. This is the one where I really have to scratch my head. We are one of the only companies that do this. You think people would be happy about that. I guess not.

It sadens me to see people post messages asking me to be taken off this board when they do not know the whole story. The issue with Sonic Control is one that I, and others less vocal, take very seriously. The fact remains that illegal posts are made on his site and he does not take them down. My only satisfaction in this matter is taking solice that most of the people know the truth.

Thanks to all the people who support our products and what we stand for. We will continue to release quality products for gigastudio. If anyone would like to contact me or Sean you can do so through our website.

Oh, and before anyone jumps on after this and says that I am looking for pity, I am not. I don\'t operate like that. I just feel that, for people new to the forum or do not know the whole story, this could give a negative image of myself and my company.

Sincerely,

Donnie Christian
    DS Soundware http://www.dssoundware.com

Re: Leaving

Donnie,,

Dont let one commend bother you too much..
    I dont put many posts on this forum, but i sure like to read them.. Including yours and im sure im not the only one..

I say STAY!!

stez

I second that. Being able to have a public forum where GigaUsers and GigaSample creators can have a dialog discussing previous/future releases is very helpful.

DS Soundware is in my opinion one of the premiere sample creators for GigaStudio. Don\'t let some bad apples ruin it for everybody else that enjoys your posts!

Keep up the excellent sampling,
    John

Donnie,

I hope you\'ll reconsider. We all benefit enormously when sample makers stay in close contact with their users. I\'m a *very* happy user of UOP, and - not to discount the plain hard work that obviously went into it - part of its quality and usability must be due to your interactions with users here. It\'s a big step to give that up.

Yeah Donnie, just stick around. I like to be able to ask questions or post suggestions here, instead of by email, because it gives opportunity for everybody to have a say about the subject. I don\'t like your personal fights here, I must admit and I never thought the review at Sonicstate was untrue or negative. UOP is the best library of its kind today for sure and I can\'t wait to get the other libraries you\'ll be producing. However I\'d prefer you sped up on doing the winds library instead of the drum library With Gigastrings and Ultimate Orch. Winds we would finally have a new generation of orchestral samples covering the whole range. Oh well, maybe we still lack great choir samples (Elfman style, more aggresive and boys/girls choir), but the rest seems to be getting covered soon.

Simon

Yeah Donnie, just stick around. I like to be able to ask questions or post suggestions here, instead of by email, because it gives opportunity for everybody to have a say about the subject. I don\'t like your personal fights here, I must admit and I never thought the review at Sonicstate was untrue or negative. UOP is the best library of its kind today for sure and I can\'t wait to get the other libraries you\'ll be producing. However I\'d prefer you sped up on doing the winds library instead of the drum library With Gigastrings and Ultimate Orch. Winds we would finally have a new generation of orchestral samples covering the whole range. Oh well, maybe we still lack great choir samples (Elfman style, more aggresive and boys/girls choir), but the rest seems to be getting covered soon.

Simon

OK, I\'ve been intentionally avoiding putting in my two cents. As most of you can see all you have to do to get Donnie (whom I have known for years) going is to call him out. While it is my personality to ignore that which can do me no harm, it is definitely not Donnie\'s. I like to keep myself above the fray of those who\'s opinion will be deminished by their own doing. Donnie loves the fight; push him and the gloves will come off. He belives stongly in what he is doing to the point that he will defend it to the bitter end and generally does not stop there (I just hope he does not find any dirt on me ). I suppose that we are the yen and yang (sp?) of DS Soundware, perhaps keeping the company on an even keel toward a continuously productive being.

Donnie, relax. People know our work. It speaks for itself. It defends itself.

Ryan, if you truly feel that Donnie\'s remarks are unjust, get the post after post pertaining to pirated samples and software off your site and give him nothing to back up his accusations. These forums are a great opportunity for folks in our industry to communicate and make things better for all of us. When they are used to promote illegal practices they become damaging to the business that supports our career and hobies. When sample libraries are sold for $1K per disk to cover pirating costs, none of us win. Defend your character by demonstrating it to us.

Both of you, when you put yourself in the spotlight, you are opening yourself to all kinds of criticism. Like it or not, that is part of the gig.

Sean Lane
    DS Soundware

Donnie,

Why not open your own forum at your website?

There you could:

1. try to help people whenever you could.

2. provide information on your products and allow users to give feedback in the products that you produce.

I am sure the extra workload would be well worth it in terms of increased sales. Certainly you have the server resources, and following for this. Just remember to monitor every post for illegal activities.

Best regards,
    Hans

Hey, wait a second. When you guys (Donnie and Ryan) do this, Ryan\'s site get more hits and we sell more sample cd\'s. Oh, I get it . . . you are shrewd! Why didn\'t you let me in on this?

Sean

Hans,

We do in fact now have such a forum on our site. It was added with the recent site change. If you have not recently been to the site, check out our new look!
    http://www.dssoundware.com

And if you are looking to swap samples, we\'ll swap you a UOP for about $299.

Sean

Go Back to forum