• Register
  • Help

Topic: Ethno World (Best Service)

Share/Bookmark

Ethno World (Best Service)

Does anybody have this library ?
    How is the woodwinds ?

Does the library contain multisamples or is it \"just\" loops ? (hope it\'s not loops)

Re: Ethno World (Best Service)

It\'s multisamples. Woodwinds are ok. They sound good but are not very expressive. Some of the plucked strings are cool. Some of the drums are great. A collection definately worth having, but I have the same gripe about this ethnic collection as all others. In order to cover many instruments, very limited articulations are covered. The expressiveness of these instruments is absent.

Its a hog on your polyphony as well. Some of the individual multisamples contain 4 voices in a note. If you have a slow computer then you might run into problems with this library. If not, the CD is good for ethnic sounds. The kantele and mettallophon are especially nice. The drums are very good except there are no tabla loops and the tabla multisamples didn\'t really appeal to me either.
    I agree with the woodwinds. Nice samples, but not very expressive.
    I will say that the demos for this CD are very impressive.

Its a hog on your polyphony as well. Some of the individual multisamples contain 4 voices in a note. If you have a slow computer then you might run into problems with this library. If not, the CD is good for ethnic sounds. The kantele and mettallophon are especially nice. The drums are very good except there are no tabla loops and the tabla multisamples didn\'t really appeal to me either.
    I agree with the woodwinds. Nice samples, but not very expressive.
    I will say that the demos for this CD are very impressive.

I agree with Nick. These sounds are well recorded, but the lack of expression limits their musicality. To me, it appears this is a port from Akai format, as the sample sets seemed designed for ram limitations. Also, there are no GigaS performance enhancements like key switching. Veleocity layering is barely used, mostly with a two layer depth. I was hoping for something of the quality of XSamples and I don\'t feel this library is at that level.
    YMMV.

MM

Go Back to forum