• Register
  • Help

Topic: James Newton Howard orchestral demo-You've got to hear this!

Share/Bookmark

James Newton Howard orchestral demo-You\'ve got to hear this!

Go to www.keyboardmag.com and check out the James Newton Howard interview and listen to his MP3 \'orchestral mock-up\' from the movie \"Dinosaur\". It sounds totally believable! Also, check out the killer Ethno Choir he uses. Man, this demo goes to show how samplers and technology these days really can sound like an orchestra.

Re: James Newton Howard orchestral demo-You\'ve got to hear this!

You\'re right. Quite wonderful. I just wonder what libraries he used. Doesn\'t sound like any of the publically available ones for sure... And if it is, he has SOME cool technique. But I AM pretty sure it\'s not any common libraries, especially his trumpets and cellos sound \'too good\'

Gotta love the Dinosaur score. So epic and grand. The way orchestral music should be imo

I was very impressed by his midi demo! I\'m still drooling over his sample pool. Gimme, James, Gimme!! Especially his trumpets and horns rock. I\'d love to get my hands on them. In case you didn\'t notice Simon, James N.H. was talking about his custom sample library in that article. I guess it was fairly obvious that he was using custom samples though

Thomas

Anyone notice how many Roland samplers he has?

28! Yes TWENTY EIGHT.....

Plus 5 Akais and Gigasampler to round things out -phew, that\'s a lot of polyphony.

I think that if anything can be deemed from these examples is that the real thing will always blow away a midi mock-up regardless of how good the samples are and how good the programming is!
    -IO

Go Back to forum