Just a note to let the newsgroup members know my progress and an idea I’m toying with that requires your feedback.
The string library is coming along nicely. The editing of the all the samples is now complete and I have phenomenal people who are working on the programming. The samples sound incredible.
I am thinking about offering a beta program. Beta testers will receive a functional beta version which will include all the string ensemble samples. The final production software and User Manual will be shipped to you free of charge when the software is commercially released. There would be a fee to join the beta program - perhaps 60% off the retail price.
Advantages of being a part of the GigaString Beta Test Program
- An early look at the best sample string library ever recorded
- The opportunity to utilize these samples before commercial availability to see how well it fits with your music.
- The ability to influence the development process and the final shape of the library
- Satisfaction in knowing you helped to create a well-tested and solid version
- A significant discount off the retail price
What I get out of it...
- A beta program will allow me to field-test my product prior to commercial release.
- With thousands of samples, there are bound to be some anomalies. User feedback is the best way for me to find bugs, minimize error and identify necessary fixes
- Product improvements added features and enhancements suggested by the beta testers may also be incorporated
- The final product will more likely be stable, error free and have better functionality.
- A fee for the beta program will help me with marketing and programming fees (and defray some of the exorbitant costs). Programming assistance didn\'t work out as I originally expected and this will help. Also, as of now, I have no distribution and a beta program may be a good first step to get the product out there.
What do you think? Does this sound like a good idea or would you rather wait for the full product?
Carefull Gary, yo umay get too many yes resonses hehheh
Seriously tho, I would love to help in any way, I was more than considering buying this library for full price, so If I can be of any help,...and maybe check out what the library might be before its resleased I\'ll be on board regardless of price discounts.