• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Fanfare for Trumpet

Share/Bookmark

Fanfare for Trumpet

I got bored, so I wrote this today (can't wait until the weather is warm again.)

Fanfare for Trumpet

Enjoy,
    Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Re: Fanfare for Trumpet

Quote Originally Posted by wrayer View Post
    I got bored, so I wrote this today (can't wait until the weather is warm again.)

Fanfare for Trumpet

Enjoy,
    Bill
    But, when it gets warmer, does mean you'll write less music, Bill? - I hope not!

I think maybe you should get bored more often, considering that you came up with this very nice trumpet/piano duet whilst bored. I'm impressed not only with the speed of the composing period, but with the results. I like it. Thanks for giving us a listen.

Randy

Thanks Randy. Glad you liked it. I hope I have a publisher interested.

Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

Being a trumpet player (or at least I used to be one) I enjoyed your Fanfare for Trumpet (and piano...). Amazing that you wrote this one afternoon. Strangely enough, this reminded my of ELP, particularly the piano part. Not sure why but that was the first thing that came into my mind.

Hope there are more cold afternoons in your future so you can write more music like this (just as long as it warms up by late May when I'll be down the road from you in Vermilion)
    Trent P. McDonald

Thanks Trent. Where about in Vermilion will you be. I am about a mile from the borderline between Vermilion and Lorain. Right near the Hospital on Rte. 6.

Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

Combinations! That of a trumpet and piano is (IMHO) very rare. In one cold afternoon, he said. A nice piece to listen to. This is a must-listen for all folks who don't know how beautiful a trumpet can sound.

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by wrayer View Post
    Thanks Trent. Where about in Vermilion will you be. I am about a mile from the borderline between Vermilion and Lorain. Right near the Hospital on Rte. 6.

Bill
    I grew up a couple of miles south of town on Rt 60. My parents still live there and both of my sisters have moved back into town, one downtown and one in Valley View. When I visit my wife and I usually stay at my parents so we can bring the dogs.

I know the area you are talking about. Not sure if there is still a Brown Derby around there. I'm sure the marina is still there.
    Trent P. McDonald

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    Combinations! That of a trumpet and piano is (IMHO) very rare. In one cold afternoon, he said. A nice piece to listen to. This is a must-listen for all folks who don't know how beautiful a trumpet can sound.

Raymond
    Thanks Raymond, though Trumpet and piano is not rare at all. Maybe I will record me playing it with pno accomp. from my synthesizer.

Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

Quote Originally Posted by trentpmcd View Post
    I grew up a couple of miles south of town on Rt 60. My parents still live there and both of my sisters have moved back into town, one downtown and one in Valley View. When I visit my wife and I usually stay at my parents so we can bring the dogs.

I know the area you are talking about. Not sure if there is still a Brown Derby around there. I'm sure the marina is still there.
    My Nephews lived just off of rte 60 near town. Don't recall the street name, but you could walk to town. Their family name was Gleason.

The Derby is not there, but the golf course is and the Derby is now a bar/lounge.

I have a membership to the golf course (Fox Creek).

Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

Definitely you have to get bored more often...

Nice composing.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast