• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New Site

Share/Bookmark

New Site

Hey just wanted to let everyone know that we have recently had our site revamped by a professional. There is a ton of info and some new audio demos. One of the coolest new features is a \"feedback/help\" section with small forum where Sean and I will answer any percussion midi sequencing issues. There is also another section dedicated to future libraries where we will be posting listing of instruments and articulations so you can see exactly what will be in future libraries. The cool thing about this is that if there is something that you would like that you don\'t see then just post what you want and we will add it to the list.

Merry Christmas (it\'s snowing----here in Arkansas!!!) Go Hogs tom. night in the Las Vegas Bowl! 7:00 pm cst (ESPN2) for all of you who will be watching.

Donnie http://www.dssoundware.com

[This message has been edited by donnie (edited 12-20-2000).]

[This message has been edited by donnie (edited 12-20-2000).]

Re: New Site

Awesome Donnie it\'s great! Hey everyone check out the Drum Set Library in the future libraries section. http://www.dssoundware.com

PaPa Chalk & Desound

Great site I\'m sure...if only I could see it.
    I\'m trying to view it from a non-windows machine, so I don\'t have the option to download the shockwave plug-ins (I\'m on an HP unix workstation)...

Just a thought, but you might consider providing a link to a NON-shockwave version ...just for the rest of us.

Thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Simon Ravn:

PAPA CHALK here?? You\'re from Nemesys aren\'t you? I thought they\'d abandoned this place or something... At least we don\'t get many reactions on our problems and suggestions here anymore:/
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No I\'m not from nemesys. I\'m the site administrator.

I\'ve always been here. I\'ve just been busy setting up the new changes on the site.
    BTW Thanks for your great input here at the northernsounds, Simon.

PaPa Chalk

> Just a thought, but you might consider providing a link
    > to a NON-shockwave version

That\'s what the \"Skip Intro\" link is for...

Bill,

That\'s the problem with Shockwave plugins...the opening page with the \"skip-intro\" WON\'T load without the plugins installed. So if you don\'t have a \"windows\" machine, you\'re out of luck. It\'s a \"catch-22\"!

Great new site Donnie - the old one didn\'t have the good looks to match the quality of your products But I agree on the Flash/Shockwave notion. Isn\'t it only the intro that uses Flash? If not, I don\'t think a site like this should REQUIRE Flash.

PAPA CHALK here?? You\'re from Nemesys aren\'t you? I thought they\'d abandoned this place or something... At least we don\'t get many reactions on our problems and suggestions here anymore:/

Good question...I\'ll ask our web designer.

Donnie

Well... Here\'s the URL after the intro...
    http://www.dssoundware.com/ds.htm

Hey, that\'s a nice start. It got me to the first page, but I don\'t see the menu (or anything at the left of the page). I guess the menu uses the shockwave drivers because I still get the message that I need to download and install shockwave.

Anyway, thanks for your help Bill. I really think the solution is to have a NON-shockwave intro page that directs you to either a shockwave or non-shockwave version of the website. But, I\'m certainly not a web-page expert, so who knows.

Go Back to forum