• Register
  • Help

Topic: OK Kontakt Experts...Does ANYONE know how to do this?

Share/Bookmark

OK Kontakt Experts...Does ANYONE know how to do this?

Tech support at Native has not figured it out, so I think I\'m in trouble. And yet, this should be something easy....

I have a B3 organ patch from Sonic Implants. It\'s a Giga patch. In Giga, it shows up as one patch.....and the mod wheel controls whether you are listening to a the SLOW rotor, or the fast one. You can, obviously, slowly crossfade from one speed to another.

When this file is imported into KONTAKT, it shows up as two patches.....B3 FAST ROTOR, and B3 SLOW ROTOR. So far, no one has been able to figure out how to crossfade between them.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Re: OK Kontakt Experts...Does ANYONE know how to do this?

Hi,
    Rather simple IMHO.
    One way to appraoch this to set up the two patches in a multi. Assign the mod wheel (cc #1) to the overall AMPL. Then in one patch set the range to +127, give the time lap something like 200 ms. In the other patch do the same but set the range to -127. When you use the wheel, you\'ll make a smooth crossfade from one to another.
    The other way is to copy the second patch into the first one, by creating a new layer and copying all the regions to that new layer. Then set up the two cc #1 controlled AMPL settings like above. This way you have evrything in one patch.

Rather basic programming.

Michiel Post

Originally posted by Michiel Post:
    Hi,
    Rather simple IMHO.

Michiel Post
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Oh thanks so much Michiel! I\'ll go try this right away....Mike at Native couldn\'t figure it out and even EMAILED one of the lead programmers in Germany about it and received a reply that didn\'t work..it forced you to restrike the note to hear the change...let me go try this!

Thanks again....

I think we\'re talking about a simple keyswitch between 2 groups with the mod wheel as the keyswitch controller, similar to the reply by Michiel Post. It should be pretty simple by just setting the right keyswitch perameters. I\'m a little curious why Mike at NI had a problem with this, in that he and I have done this very thing together a few times either over the phone or in person. He\'s very sharp with this stuff so I\'d assume there may have been a communication problem. The biggest problem is that NI has not posted the \"real deal\" instructions on thier website, as I suggested, on building keyswitches the way Mike himself walked me through this months ago.
    Hope this helps.
    bruce

Go Back to forum