• Register
  • Help

Topic: Air on a G string using EWI as input

Share/Bookmark

Air on a G string using EWI as input

I just thought you all might want to hear my first recorded attempt at playing the EWI. It is not much just a section of the Air but it is done in a style ala the Swingle Singers (a group I have always liked). I played the EWI for the voice parts (Garritan Finale Choir) and played the bass part on a Kurzweil PC88 keyboard.

P.S. if anyone knows where I can get a recording of the Swingle Singers doing Chopin, I would love to know. I had a reel to reel tape of that many years ago and it has become misplaced.

Here is Air on a G String ala Swingle Singers
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Re: Air on a G string using EWI as input

I've been waiting to hear something done with your new EWI, Rich. Good choice of material! - It must be a trip to play a wind instrument (albeit, an electronic one) and out comes the sound of a choir. This is a great start, sounds really nice.

Swingle Singers - Looking online I see that they're still active, a totally different group than the originals of course. Finding the old recordings could be possible, but what you find on sale at Amazon and other places are the new recordings.

How about trying a jazzy Clarinet solo, Sax? - Keep us posted on your EWI progress.

Randy

Re: Air on a G string using EWI as input

Thanks Randy,

How about trying a jazzy Clarinet solo, Sax?
    That's what I am aiming for. Right now I am trying to get used to the thumb motion in both hands. It is entirely different than the way thumbs are used on sax and clarinet. I will get it, though, but it will take a little more practice.

As for the New Swingle Singers, they don't sound the same as the originals. That vitality and quality of voices from the originals is just not matched. Don't get me wrong, they are good but I miss the old group. (And by now, I do mean "OLD" ). What I especially would like to hear again is the Chopin Valse, Op.64, No. 2. That one always sent a chill down my spine in the execution that group did to the piece. Like I said, I had a reel to reel of that piece and loved it but sadly lost when I moved from Illinois to Ohio many years ago.

Again thanks for commenting on such a trivial little performance I did on Air. It was just to let everyone see that I have been practicing the EWI.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Go Back to forum