• Register
  • Help

Topic: How to install the Steinway B on GigaStudio ?

Share/Bookmark

How to install the Steinway B on GigaStudio ?

Hi all,
    Maybe a dumb question. Several months ago I could successfully carry out the installation of the multi-disc Steinway B as described for Gigasampler. Now, working with GigaStudio, the .gig file got corrupted and I need to repeat the installation procedure. Anybody can suggest how to accomplish this ?
    Thanks in advance. Giorgio

Re: How to install the Steinway B on GigaStudio ?

Yes, still the best Steinway sample on the market. And you will, of course, need to filter each of the layers to kill the metallic sound, unless you like it.

I only use GSampler, but as to your main question, would you not simply reboot your computer. Erase the corrupted version. Re-import Steinway B?

John Grant http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/42/john_lewis_grant.html

Thank you for your reply.
    But it doesn\'t look that easy. The installation procedure refers to an \"import\" step within the Gigasampler loader,followed by the \"multidisc\" option. To my knowledge, this is not available in GigaStudio.
    So what to do?
    Giorgio

You\'ve got me there. I don\'t have Gigastudio. But I\'m sure someone here\'s got the answer.

HI GIORGIO
    That´s how I open the Steinway B or Bösendorfer with GIGASTUDIO:
    Open GIGASTUDIO window. Maybe you have to enlarge it, to see all the features!!! Have a look at the bottom of your GIGASTUDIO window:
    On the left there are all the icons of your harddiscdrives, floppy, CD, etc. On the right you can see a small window containing some information about CD status: \"no disc available\" or something like this.
    Now load CD No.1 into your CD-ROM drive.\"Multi-disc 1\" appears. Now follow the instructions!
    Any questions? Just let me know!

HI AGAIN!
    Oh by the way: a second one!
    Do not open GIGASTUDIO window. Load CD No.1 into your CD-ROM drive and open it. Copy all folders from CD 1 and 2 into your GIG folder of your harddisc. Open GIGASTUDIO window. Go to \"open file\" and choose your GIG file on your harddisc. At this time it is just possible to see all the GIGASTUDIO files like \"retro drums\". When you change the file formats to \"all formats\", all files and your Steinway are pictured. O.K.?

Sam,

Method #1 was indeed successful.
    I\'m very grateful.
    Thanks a lot.

John,
    BTW, how do you practically implement, as you suggest, \'to filter each of the layers to kill the metallic sound ?\'
    Thanks a lot.

Giorgio

Go Back to forum