• Register
  • Help

Topic: Has anyone tried that new VR sound module giga cd?

Has anyone tried that new VR sound module giga cd?

Just wondering what people thought of that cd and is it worth buying? Thanks , Ken

Re: Has anyone tried that new VR sound module giga cd?

I went by their site a while ago and put my name down as someone who would be \'willing\' to receive a copy of the CD and do a review.

Didn\'t really expect to hear from them as I never win raffles or lotteries, but I got an email from them a few days ago and the disk arrived in yesterdays mail! Christmas a month early!

I\'ve listened to all the sounds briefly, but not in the studio (we\'re on holidays until next week).

There\'s quite a bit of Gigasampler specific programming in there - how about stereo snares with 16 sampled levels of velocity, or a Hammond that can fade an accelerating Leslie out of a slow Leslie patch?

It\'s quite a grab-bag of sounds - 2 basses, 2 drumkits, various percussion, Hammonds through Leslies, pianos, tremolo Rhodes, synth pads, a percussive synth blip sequence construction patch, a small string ensemble, a couple of FX synths, and a tympani patch. So it\'s harder to evaluate its usefulness to any particular writer compared to, say, the Complete Hawaiian Guitar Collection, but I\'ll try when I post a considered review.

I\'d prefer not to say too much until I\'ve had a more critical listen.

[This message has been edited by Chadwick (edited 11-23-2000).]

Go Back to forum