• Register
  • Help

Topic: Piano Concerto no.2 in G Major

Piano Concerto no.2 in G Major

Finished now, see original thread(t!).

Thanks to Randy, he added the link to the original message.

Last edited by Raymond62; 02-26-2012 at 05:29 PM. Reason: added link, thank you Randy

Re: Piano Concerto no.2 in G Major

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    Finished now, see original thread(t!).

Oh - Not sure what to do since you didn't post the links again. Well, I guess you want the old thread to be used instead?-- Note - posts can be edited, so your old thread could now have a new first post instead of having this new thread just referencing the earlier one - But in any case, for those not motivated to go searching, I went looking for your original thread which has new MP3s on it now:

And, I should add, that anyone who clicks to take a listen will be amply rewarded. It's wonderful music, Raymond.

Ah, Raymond, yes, I remember this (thanks Randy for the link )

So glad to see that you have finished this! I am writing as I listen, so I apologize that it is taking me so long to type everything, I do hope you are patient! (You read forum posts as if it is an end scene from Doogie Howser, right?)

The first movement, again, is wonderful. This is virtuosic, indeed! I really enjoy how much energy and motion there is in this.

The next movement really provides the contrast needed after the intense first movement. Its sparsity is very nice and sounds very clean.

You have really created something quite a bit more intimate with part 3 (with perhaps one notable section within the movement )

And of course, the fourth movement is quite the finale. It sounds like you have put a lot of work into this piece on both the composition and recording sides of it. Incredible work, and thanks again for sharing!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Randy, thank you for listening, compliments and the link. I edited the message with your link.
    Sanyarem, also thank you for listening.

This whole piece gave me headaches. I had to go off the path of the normal Mozart-Beethoven-like harmonic approaches. Every piece needed some extra attention of putting the "building blocks" into the right place. Not to speak of "counterpoint". With those "alien" chords it was very had to find a right one (sometimes trial-and- error).

In the 4th part, I first had that 5/4 section somewhere else, but after a good night (or two) sleep I decided putting it right next to the "intro" fitting better for the "cantabile" part to follow. The transition to the finale was given to me by the 2nd trombonist of the Residentie Orchestra, who adviced me inserting some trombone solo. At the same time it gave me an opening I needed (I got stuck at first).

The "cantabile" sections in part 1 and part 4 aren't quite original. I canabalized my 3rd Sonate for part 1 and the "España" from my (so-called) Suite Español for the 4th part.

Randy, again thank you for pointing me to the Channel Tools in Sonar narrowing the sound of the piano. It helped.

Go Back to forum