• Register
  • Help

Topic: GStudio Upgrade Installation VS. Gigasampler Uninstallation Procedures???

Share/Bookmark

GStudio Upgrade Installation VS. Gigasampler Uninstallation Procedures???

In the Getting started documentation on the GigaStudio 160 upgrade information, there is a statement that says,\"GigaStudio replaces GigaSampler. GigaStudio and GigaSampler cannot coexist on the same machine. You must uninstall GigaSampler before you install GigaStudio. Don\'t worry GigaStudio serves every need that GigaSampler did and more! Your preferences will be copied from your machine\'s GigaSampler settings to the newly created GigaStudio settings.\"

I am confused. If we must manually uninstall GigaSampler ourselves before we install GigaStudio then how will \"your preferences ..be copied from your machine\'s GigaSampler setting to the newly created GigaStudio settings\" if all of the GigaSampler software has been removed? I want to know the specific procedure for doing this. I don\'t want to blow away my performance (.prf) files and features if GigaStudio can find them. Nemesys tech support or someone who has already installed, can you explain how to do this? I\'m paranoid.

Thanks
    JB3

Re: GStudio Upgrade Installation VS. Gigasampler Uninstallation Procedures???

You don\'t need to manaully uninstall GigaSampler. The GigaStudio install will do this... believe me, it\'ll do it. And you\'re not likely to be pleased with the results (it delete\'s the SampleWrench XE application leaving you without a wave editor)

Peace,
    Tim
    http://www.elithic.com

Oh geez thanks to Nemeys for warning upfront.(in the read me it never says anything about letting GS do the uninstall.) So now how the hell do i get the audio editor back? New GS doesnt come with one?

Looks like we diddn\'t think of every possibility. Before you uninstall the GigaSampler, simply copy the SampleWrench folder to some other location on your drive to back it up. It is not an installed program and can run from any location on the hard drive. You will find it in the GSampler folder.
    Sorry about that
    Dave of NemeSys

Dave,

No one can think of anything. problem is i already uninstalled Gigasampler.

I also uninstalled samplewrench as a part of Gigastudio installation. Any suggestions as to how to get it back?

me too....now what????

Just a thought - you still have the original GigaSampler CD, right? Maybe you could uninstall GSt, reinstall GS, move the editor to a safe place, then reinstall GSt.
    I still don\'t have my GSt yet, so I don\'t have first-hand experience with these issues ... yet ... - or maybe that should be

Go Back to forum