• Register
  • Help

Topic: Ultimate strings out of tune

Share/Bookmark

Ultimate strings out of tune

Hi,

The european ensemble in Ultimate Strings is quite out of tune in the higher register.

I went into edit the sample by raising the tuning 20-30 cents (100 cents being a 1/2 step). I Saved As and replaced the old file only to return to notes that were now sounding very low. I went back to edit mode to raise the pitch back-up the amount I lowered it, but the sample still plays at this lower registered note.

Any ideas as to what I\'m missing here.

I\'ve lower a snare drum pitch using this method but now with the strings I\'m not sure what I\'m doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Ultimate strings out of tune

Have you tried adjusting the pitch in the fine tune parameter of the GSEditor? That would be a better way to go instead of actually detuning the sample.
    -IO

Thanks. I\'ll give it a whirl. I didn\'t know such a parameter existed.

Thanks. I\'ll give it a whirl. I didn\'t know such a parameter existed.

I think there are two different Fine Tune settings under GSeditor. One is part of the actual .wav sample because unity note, fine tune, and looping points are all part of .wav standard and can be embedded. The other place under GSeditor where you can adjust Fine tuning is the Sampler Tab. I believe the setting in the Sampler Tab overwrite anything you change under Sample Properties box of indivisual .wav sample. Maybe you were trying to change the latter and it was not having any effect.

Regards,
    F. Juma.

Go Back to forum