• Register
  • Help

Topic: NEW GIGA INSTRUMENT LIBRARIES FROM BAP SOUNDS

Share/Bookmark

NEW GIGA INSTRUMENT LIBRARIES FROM BAP SOUNDS

NEW GIGA INSTRUMENT LIBRARIES FROM BAP SOUNDS

BAP Sounds will soon be releasing new instrument libraries, which have been exclusively produced for Giga Sampler/Studio. Three concert grand pianos....... Model D Steinway, Bosendorfer Imperial, and Baldwin SD10. Also, a large assortment of high quality professional accordions built in the 1950s when accordion manufacturing was at its quality peak.......Excelsior Symphony, Bell Symphony, Sano Stereo Concert Master Sixty, PANcordion Baton Tone Chamber, PANcordion Baton 1, and a 1937 Excelsior.

The Steinway D and Bosendorfer Imperial were sample recorded in a performance hall. The Baldwin SD10 which is the piano of choice for Dave Brubeck, Marian McPartland, Andre Previn, George Shearing, plus many others, was sample recorded in BAP Sounds’ studio. All pianos were tuned immediately before they were sample recorded. All pianos were sample recorded in stereo eight different ways....... three velocities pedal up, three velocities pedal down, and two velocities of staccato release. It is my personal experience that with critical listening, the ear is unable to detect the difference between three or four velocity splits on a piano. That is why I decided to go with three velocities pedal up and three velocities pedal down as opposed to four.

The Steinway Model D and Bosendorfer Imperial were sample recorded with a stereo pair of 130 volt B&K 4012s in the performance hall, taking into consideration very live ambiance in the room. The B&K 4012s were routed through 130 volt Millennia HV3B preamps, Apogee converters, and into a Pro Tools 24 Mix Plus system. The Baldwin SD10 is also sample recorded with a stereo pair of 130 volt B&K 4012s routed through Millennia HV3B preamps, Apogee converters, and into Pro Tools.

The accordions were all stereo sample recorded with B&K 4003s and 4012s routed through either Millennia HV3Bs or Avalon M5 preamps, a Millennia TCL2 compressor for added tube warmth, Apogee converters, and into Pro Tools.

All piano samples were recorded with complete sustain and decay of sound. Each and every note on the pianos and accordions were sample recorded in all velocity levels. Each velocity level was recorded with the highest possible gain setting on the preamps without clipping in order to obtain full quality bit resolution. The accordion samples are twelve to twenty seconds in length. There is no looping or pitch shifting of any samples. Everything was done in the production of these sample libraries in order to take full advantage of the power and high quality of Nemesys Giga Sampler/Studio.

The pianos and accordions were all recorded in 24-bit resolution, with 16 bit batch process dithering applied after all editing and processing. The only effects processing applied was to the Steinway and Bosendorfer pianos, which were sample recorded in the performance hall. A slight amount of Digidesign’s DINR was applied in order to remove a slight amount of room noise from the air vents. There was no loss of sound quality or any detectable change of sound resulting from this slight noise reduction process. No normalization batch processing was applied. It is my strong opinion that normalization batch processing has negative effects on pianos and accordions. The pianos and accordions were all edited in either Wave Lab or Bias Peak TDM.

I have archived all of these edited piano and accordion samples in 24 bit. When Nemesys upgrades Giga Sampler/Studio to support 24 bit samples, registered users who have purchased these piano and accordion samples in 16 bit Giga format will be able to upgrade these instrument sample libraries to 24 bit Giga format for a minimal fee.

The accordion library will be available in the next couple of weeks. The Steinway Model D will be available two to three weeks later. The Bosendorfer Imperial will be available a few weeks after the Steinway is released, with the Baldwin SD10 following shortly thereafter. After the Baldwin SD10 is released, I will probably release a second volume of the accordion library. There are nine different accordion sounds on the first volume. Volume two of the accordions will have approximately nine additional accordion sounds as well.

Thank You,

BAP Sounds
    Bardstown, KY

Re: NEW GIGA INSTRUMENT LIBRARIES FROM BAP SOUNDS

Do you have a web site with more info on these piano samples? MP3 demos, etc??

Thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Boomer:
    Do you have a web site with more info on these piano samples? MP3 demos, etc??

Thanks!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for your interest in the Giga concert grand pianos. I am in the process of developing a new web site which should be launched next week. (www.bapsounds.com) Initially, there will be several MP3 demos of the accordions. I am currently in the midst of editing the Steinway Model D which should be completed within two to three weeks, followed by the Bosendorfer Imperial and Baldwin SD10. As I complete each piano, I will immediately post MP3 demos of them on my web site.

Once again, I thank you for your interest.

BAP Sounds
    Bardstown, KY

Waiting with great interest...

John Grant http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/42/john_lewis_grant.html

Go Back to forum