• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Even more on orchestral/film midi music:)

Share/Bookmark

Even more on orchestral/film midi music:)

To keep up with recent tradition, and seeing that the Upload Forum on these pages are doubtful in their updatespeed I have put a few demos on my own homepage at http://www.melomaniac.dk - go into the MP3 section and down to DEMOS for some orchestral unfinished stuff and let me know what you think. Of course I won\'t force you to not download any of the finished tunes there either, just keep in mind most of it is from before I got any sampler...

Regards,
    Simon

Re: Even more on orchestral/film midi music:)

Hi,

Great music simon!
    I have been reading and listening stuff on this forum for quite some time. And your work is the first thing that impressed me so far, and Maarten Spjurit\'s work is also good...
    You have just prooved that no mather how much all the other guys are tech gurus, and are allways talking about making it sounds real, it allways comes down to weather you can compose great music or not...and you definetly can...looking forward to hear some more..
    Best,

Alex

Oh thanks *g*. I try my best

goes to show you that those pad like string patches on the XPs are great for pp layers. As well as thickening up samples. I love how it layers in under the piano on \"foundation\" around 0:33, just the perfect soft string sound.

Well, actually those are Miroslav or Kirk Hunter... I only used samples in the demo pieces there.

Simon

You see Simon, emidietly someone of them comes a long and starts talking about which patches, which sample....blah blah...
    and it doesn\'t sound nice because it\'s a nice patch, but because is well writen....
    there is a world of difference...

Hey Simon,

I love adventure.mp3. Great dynamics, much variety, good theme - flawless production.

-Marc

Hi Simon,

if I were George Lucas I would hire you and send old Georgie home :-)) well, great pieces especially the adventure demo. Which string libraries did you use on that again? Did you do all that with native Gigasampler libraries alone? To be honest, this is the first piece I have ever heard where I wouldn´t have screamed: \"SAMPLE LIBRARY\" at the first second of listening to it. Great orchestratioon too ! :-)

Sorry, me again ...

if you decided to finish the adventure piece, I would buy the CD instantly from you !!! :-)

It´s just beautiful and it could definitely pass for a real orchestra except maybe for the solo viola (??) at 00.23 ... but thats the only really unnatural sounding instrument in the whole piece. I am really (!) impressed ! :-))

ups ... make that 00.33 not 00.23 :-)

Go Back to forum