• Register
  • Help

Topic: Converting Instruments from GS 1.0 to GS 2.0

Share/Bookmark

Converting Instruments from GS 1.0 to GS 2.0

I have converted every single instrument on my computer to version 2.0 using the menu item \"Convert Instruments To Gig 2.0\".

However all of the instruments are still shown as type \"Gig File 1.0\". Have they been converted or not? Anyone one know how do I tell?

Thanks.

Richard.

Re: Converting Instruments from GS 1.0 to GS 2.0

The same thing happend to me but when I restarted gigastudio they showed up as 2.0 files.

Donnie
    DS Soundware http://www.dssoundware.com

What is the purpose or advantage for converting the files?

I found the answer in the \"Getting Started\" doc file. GigaStudio loads files much faster than GigaSampler, but the .GIG files need to be v2.0 format rather than V1.0 format.

All GigaSampler files are V1.0.

This is discussed on pages B2 and B3 of the Getting Started documentation.

Lawrence

Thanks, Donnie, I restarted GS today and all of the files are marked version 2.0.

I was hoping that in addition to loading instruments faster and giving me more polyphony that I would be able to load more instruments before GS becomes full. Alas, no. Exactly the same number as before. Sigh.

In a positive vein, I like the more traditional user interface. Elements on the screen behave more as one would expect and more extremely useful information is presented.

Richard.

I think I\'ve run across a small bug related to this. If you click on a single file and tell it to convert to 2.0, it does the conversion. Then it pop ups with an \"OK to update the QuickSound database\" dialog. It never updates the database. The file will always say that it\'s 1.0, even after reboot. You can try converting it again and it will immediately come back with a dialog box that the conversion was successful.

Converting a directory or mutiple directories works fine.

At least that\'s how it\'s behaving on my system.

I\'m having the same experience as Busch. Restarting GSt doesn\'t help.

I ran into the same problem and found a solution. Right click on the drive name in the left pane and select \'update\'. This will update all the file types to 2.0 that have been converted.

Go Back to forum