• Register
  • Help

Topic: Orchestral piece by Berlioz

Share/Bookmark

Orchestral piece by Berlioz

Here is a piece by Hector Berlioz I would like to share with you. It is the last movement from the composers work "Te Deum". It has a very large orchestration and I started working on this rendering at Christmas time, but abandoned it after some time. I then took it up again and started where I left of some weeks ago. Everything is done with GPO4 in Cubase 5. The piece actually requires 12 harps for the ending, but the two harps in GPO still did the job pretty nicely.

Hope you enjoy it!

http://www.box.com/s/fvnsgcno84fxv3aikvdb

EDIT: This is really strange! Everytime I start a new thread it says the thread is started by the user "Classified kijiji" and my original first post is preceded by spam!
    Halvor

Re: Orchestral piece by Berlioz

I have to admit that I have never heard this work of Berlioz before. It is a nice concert march and you have done an excellent job of orchestrating it. Thanks for putting on the forum for us to hear. I enjoyed it thoroughly.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

!

well done!

Great attention to detail, very appropriate tempi.
    Also I did not know this piece, so it was nice to hear something new.

12 harps - well, I would be curious how that would sound!

Thumbs up Re: Orchestral piece by Berlioz

Wow!
    I'm excited finding how many people doing fantastic orchestral renderign we are collecting here.

I've been away for too long...

This is quite the orchestral rendering.

It sounds like you put a lot of work into this. Great mix.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by halvor View Post
    Here is a piece by Hector Berlioz I would like to share with you. It is the last movement from the composers work "Te Deum". It has a very large orchestration and I started working on this rendering at Christmas time, but abandoned it after some time. I then took it up again and started where I left of some weeks ago. Everything is done with GPO4 in Cubase 5. The piece actually requires 12 harps for the ending, but the two harps in GPO still did the job pretty nicely.

Hope you enjoy it!

http://www.box.com/s/fvnsgcno84fxv3aikvdb

EDIT: This is really strange! Everytime I start a new thread it says the thread is started by the user "Classified kijiji" and my original first post is preceded by spam!
    This is just great, Halvor - I've never heard this piece before. What a crisp and regal sensibility it has - And you've done wonders with it in your GPO realization. What a great project - I'm thrilled you posted it for us.

AND, regarding that odd bit of apparent Spam that glommed on to your thread - I see someone else had the same thing happen. I heard from Northern Sounds administration on this - Right at the time you were posting this two nights ago, major work was being done on the NS site. Apparently some legitimate NS advertising temporarily ran amok and appeared randomly on a few posts. So, it comes out like Spam - The only solution is to ask for this thread to be deleted, and for you to re-post. But I think it's better, now that you've gotten some responses, to just shrug it off this time, rather than to start over. It really shouldn't happen again.

Thanks so much for the music!

Randy

Go Back to forum