• Register
  • Help

Topic: I have a question for once.

Share/Bookmark

I have a question for once.

Kontakt...

Each instance seems to be limited to 16 MIDI channels. However, I notice that I\'m limited in how many instruments I can load by the amount of screen space believe it or not. The scrolling doesn\'t seem to work when I reach the visual limit in the rack. However, if I increase the resolution and size of the interface (sometimes increasing the overall screen res too) then I can get more instruments loaded. I found myself limited to 8 at one point and by bumping up the size of the interface, I got it up to 16. Can we load up more than 16 instruments (within RAM limatations of course) but be limited to 16 channels? (some instruments would share channels) I will try it when I get back to work and see. I curious if anyone knows the limits though.
    Later
    Dave

Re: I have a question for once.

This cross-platform interface still has some bugs. For example, it does not seem to remember its position on the desktop from session to session. Also, once I shrunk it down to its minimal size, I could not expand it out again! I had to do some \"special\" adjustments into fooling it to re-expand. I think the root of the problems is that 1) Its is a fairly \"young\" product and needs to grow with updates (1.3?) and 2) they developed this in a cross platform environment, which always invites these little glitches, until you hunt down these bugs and kill them. Fortunately, these are fairly trivial software issues and should be fixed fairly soon.
    Their solution for the above bug (in sw eng terms) is to include a scroll bar(a style flag) for the rack view, another trivial fix.

This doesn’t happen in standalone mode. Are you using Kontakt as VSTi or DXi?

Dave,

I wondered the same thing myself and posted the question to NI. They answered that you can only load 16 instruments into each instance and that Kontakt will not respond to program changes.

It looks like I\'ll be creating many keyswitched instruments.

Yep, Lots of keyswitches and you have to manually copy every little parameter one by one to create a keyswitch because there is no \"GROUP COPY & PASTE\" function in site. Please NI, give us a copy and paste GROUP function that will simply copy and paste every aspect of a group between DIFFERENT INSTRUMENTS. You would not believe the nightmare in creating some of the QLSO keyswitches the hard way. We had to create a chart of everything and then save every envelope, curve, setting to presets to recreate everything in exacting detail. Good job on Kontakt but please give us a very simple copy and paste of GROUPS, pretty please with sugar on top. As a developer, that is my number one feature request of all time. When you get it, let me know and I\'ll test it out for you.
    Take care
    Dave

Dave,

Little one of my secrets. Get/Use \"Quickkeys\". Its a Macro/script building app that I use when I need to do stuff like that.

You oughtta see the nightmare it is to build programs in the Proprietary Tools from SONY.

Without QuickKeys I\'d never be able to do some of the work I\'ve done.

BTW: Getting into Kontakt, so expect me to hang out here more. I\'ve been extremely anxious to REALLY get into this sucker. Expect some crazy nik files from me [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    Dave,

Little one of my secrets. Get/Use \"Quickkeys\". Its a Macro/script building app that I use when I need to do stuff like that.

You oughtta see the nightmare it is to build programs in the Proprietary Tools from SONY.

Without QuickKeys I\'d never be able to do some of the work I\'ve done.

BTW: Getting into Kontakt, so expect me to hang out here more. I\'ve been extremely anxious to REALLY get into this sucker. Expect some crazy nik files from me [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">King ,Curious to see what u do..Kontakt is so flexable...Rich

Go Back to forum