• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cinematic Strings 2.0 for Kontakt Player released!

Cinematic Strings 2 *New Youtube tutorial - EQ and Tempo*

'New string library combines luscious rich sound with revolutionary new interface'

Life just became a lot easier for composers and producers alike with the release of Cinematic Strings 2.0. This latest version combines the warm rich tones of concert hall strings with a ground-breaking new GUI that is so easy to use that you will be pumping out pieces in record time.

We're composers, so we understand the frustration of spending countless hours installing, setting up, tweaking, applying FX and mixing, just to have your strings sounding right. Cinematic Strings 2 frees you from all those hassles by providing a simple installation process, a powerful GUI which allows instant access to all of the features you'd expect in a high end string library, and a professionally balanced mix – right out of the box.

Assigning Keyswitches and MIDI controllers, adjusting microphone balance, and controlling vibrato intensity are all within a few clicks. You'll have CS2 sitting alongside your other VSTi's in your template within minutes of installation, and since it's powered by the latest Kontakt Player, you wont have to worry about owning the full version of Kontakt. The most pleasant surprise of all is the new price - only $499!

Please check out our video introduction here:

Followed by our tech walkthrough video here:

And finally, here's a fully orchestrated piece I created earlier in the week. It took me a little over half a day to create this piece from scratch:

For more information on features, tips and tricks and blog updates, please check out our new website:

Warm regards from Alex Wallbank

Smile Re: Cinematic Strings 2.0 for Kontakt Player released!

Thanks Alex!

Just finished the download and all is working fine.

The demos on your new site are really excellent.

Thanks for all the hard work that has gone into this.

Kind regards,

Re: Cinematic Strings 2.0 for Kontakt Player released!

Many thanks Graham, and happy composing!

Cologne, Germany

Hi Alex- what do we need to do to make sure that projects using CS 1 will open properly? Should we just keep the 1.0 & 1.5 Instruments? Will they load into the new interface automatically when opening projects made with 1.0 & 1.5?

EDIT: (thanks to David Hearne from CS): Cinematic Strings completely re-edited the library from the original master files, and the samples for version 2 are in a brand new lossless format. So don't delete the original CS1 folder, you'll need to leave that just as it is in order to work with projects made using version1.

Rather than being an upgrade to CS1, CS2 is more like a brand new product.

Hi all, I recently uploaded the first tips n tricks video blog, including a tutorial MIDI file!

This video touches on EQ and tempo automation, I'd love to know your thoughts on these topics. Feel free to leave a comment - let me know what other aspects you'd like to see covered in future videos.

The next planned video includes measured tremolo, so stay tuned...

Hi everyone, I just uploaded a new tips n tricks blog post. This one covers fast passages, fast arpeggios and measured tremolo. And of course, I've included links to the tutorial MIDI files so you can see how I did everything in the video - check it out!

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Very nice! What a step up!

This video touches on EQ.

Grain Moisture Meter

Go Back to forum