• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Dorian" in Russia - Act Two video montage

Share/Bookmark

"Dorian" in Russia - Act Two video montage

The web page I posted previously now has the rest of what I can share from the Russian production of "Dorian." Click on the picture and get a taste of what my wife Kate and I saw on that magical night in Moscow when the Russian version of my show opened.

I was really happy to see that the cameras kept rolling when I was brought up on stage for a brief curtain speech. You'll see that at the end of this video.

(click the picture for video)
    Act Two of "DORIAN GRAY" in Moscow

Randy

Re: "Dorian" in Russia - Act Two video montage

Great videos - what a thrill it must be to have this footage. That's one happy dude with a ponytail at the end. I assume you personally have a full copy of that recording?

And is the show still being performed? Sorry if you mentioned this info already.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Plowking View Post
    Great videos - what a thrill it must be to have this footage. That's one happy dude with a ponytail at the end. I assume you personally have a full copy of that recording?

And is the show still being performed? Sorry if you mentioned this info already.
    Graham, thanks for being such a faithful follower of this "Dorian" in Russia saga. This should be the last post about "Dorian" in awhile - until something else exciting happens!--like if a certain current possibility comes true.

hehe--Yeah, one happy ponytailed guy there at the end. I had to give up the idea of addressing the audience in Russian, but I was so surprised when they reacted so well when I spoke to them in English. Enough people in Moscow know English to at least get the gist of a speech like that. The audience members who don't know any English just joined in happily. Great moment, up there with rock star Stas who was such a gracious host.

OH yes, I have the full recording. It's a long story, but the company who taped the show turned out to be totally flakey. It took them all this time, from the opening in October of 2010 until the end of 2011 to get the footage back to the theatre. And all they gave them was the raw video from the 3 cameras, silent, separate stereo sound tracks from each camera split up into mono tracks for some reason - The theatre got the whole package to me and I did all the editing. It was a long, difficult project, but my joy at finally having it all kept me happily going at it.

Yes, the show is still being performed. SNC is a repertory theatre. They have 10 shows they perform in rotation at their theatre in Gorky Park, and "Dorian" is one of those 10. Each show gets performed once, sometimes twice a month. As Stas said to me, the show will be running "forever"--as long as his theatre stays in business!

Thanks much for your support, Graham.

Randy

Saw both recordings. What else to say than: I loved it.

Some companies in the Netherlands and abroad for Musical shows, Musicals, etc.....

http://www.endemol.com/

http://www.musicals.nl/

Not familiar with this business, but it is all Endemol Productions.......

Whatever you need doing to draw their attention is up to you. If it successful I will buy a ticket....
    Raymond

Great to see this video as well! Really enjoyed hearing everything (whether I could understand it or not!)

It would be interesting to hear the Russian version translated to English, to hear what differences there are, but either way, it seems like the audience loved it! Again, congratulations!

I would like to echo what Raymond said...if you'd like to bring the show to Indianapolis...I'd certainly buy a ticket to see it! So there you go, run this production in The Netherlands and Indianapolis, and you're guaranteed at least 2 ticket sales! It makes perfect business sense!

All kidding aside, I do hope to hear that Dorian is produced in more places so that perhaps someday I can see it in person!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    Saw both recordings. What else to say than: I loved it...Whatever you need doing to draw their attention is up to you. If it successful I will buy a ticket....
    Raymond
    Thanks for the support, and for the links, Raymond. I hope you have the chance to buy a ticket to the show at some point!

See below for more:

Quote Originally Posted by sanyarem View Post
    ...if you'd like to bring the show to Indianapolis...I'd certainly buy a ticket to see it!...
    This is great, two more tickets sold!

Currently, Los Angeles producer Michael Butler, who drew Stas Namin's attention to the show, has put together an impressive production package under the name of "Tribe Entertainment Group." "Dorian" is one of the shows he has optioned for development. The thrust of "TEG" is, to quote from their literature, "...to develop theatrical productions, which, in turn, will be translated to film..."

So, currently Michael's group has "first refusal" on "Dorian," - meaning I've signed a contract which gives them the exclusive rights to produce the next stage production of the show. From there, the second phase of TEG's plan is to produce films based on those stage productions.

I got an email from Michael within the last hour, and he's very excited as TEG is now ready to launch into action.

What I'm hoping is that they'll soon be able to stage the show in Hollywood. It's all show biz, which is to say, it's volatile, uncertain terrain. I'm wishing them the best as they move forward!

Randy

What an amazing time you must have had! The show looks great and your speech was perfect. Until just right now I didn't know that your name was pronounced "boe-zer"! I hope it gets mounted in Hollywood, "the States" needs this show. Congratulations again!
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

Quote Originally Posted by reberclark View Post
    What an amazing time you must have had! The show looks great and your speech was perfect. Until just right now I didn't know that your name was pronounced "boe-zer"! I hope it gets mounted in Hollywood, "the States" needs this show. Congratulations again...
    Everyone there also pronounces my first name "Rindy"--so I'm "Rindy Boezer" in Russia. Over here back in The States, I'm "Randy Bow (bow wow) zer"-- like the singer in Sha Na Na.

Thanks much for your support, Chip. I want the show to go up in Hollywood so I'll have a good excuse to visit and stay there awhile. I lived in the LA area 14 years and loved it there. I was a sucker for the glamor and history of Hollywood.

If it doesn't go up there, then we'll just have to start working on another plan!

Randy

Hey Randy,

I haven't been around for a long, long time - and I pop in to find this. Absolutely loved it - and I'll be first in line for a ticket if it comes to the UK.
    David

Hi Randy

It's been a while since I posted... (ok, a long while)
    Sadly, I haven't had the time to touch my instruments in quite some time.. but i hope this will change soon.
    Still, I like to check back to the forum from time to time.

Just saw your two Dorian Gray act updates.

What a wonderful performance!

It's a pleasure to watch these after the years following the progression form their original forms.

The choreography and costumes are great.
    The entire show is very professional...and the performers look like their having a great time.

The sparse backdrop actually works here.. Yet as I was watching, a thought occurred to me.
    I remembered your multi talents.. especially in the visual arts. and imagine you could easily paint a magnificent set backdrop!
    Do you have set proposal sketches that you've created?, I'd love to see them.

My only complaint about the production..... It's in Russian!... lol

Terrific accomplishment, Randy.!

Jeff

Go Back to forum