• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Film Score: Dating a Zombie Main Title

New Film Score: Dating a Zombie Main Title

Hey everyone,

Man, it sure has been a long time since I posted any music on the forum. This is the Main Title cue for my newest film score, Dating a Zombie. It's an Action/Adventure, Horror, Comedy film...

...yeah kind of strange, I agree!!!

Anyway, give it a listen and please let me know what you think.

Have a good day,

For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Re: New Film Score: Dating a Zombie Main Title

Hello Jonny, welcome back to the forum! It seems all kinds of people are finding their way back to northern sounds, it's great to see!

I really like what you have written here. The percussion near the beginning is a wonderful setup for what follows. This certainly is a great action/adventure style piece, and based on the title, I could imagine that it would be on the comedic side...morbid comedy maybe, but certainly comedy nonetheless! There is also a nice tension you have developed throughout, which I could see fitting all genres nicely!

Thanks for sharing, and again, glad to see you back!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Jonny Lost!-- Now there's a name I haven't seen like forever. Welcome back, Jonny--And stick around!

Fun movie theme, nicely done!

Great soundtrack piece. There's a lot of cool elements in there - percussion is sounding great and driving the piece on. The low strings/brass also sound nice and meaty.

The only element letting it down for me is the high strings starting around 1 min and continuing for a bit. I think they're the only weak element in an otherwise great rendering.
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel

Yo Jonny! I love this soundtrack. Some of my best friends a Zombies. I think that this makes me visualize a zombie eating a tasty brain. I never have to worry about the zombie people because, well I have no brain. I really do like the cinematic sound that this has. It is very persuasive.
    Thanks for the post. Jay

Nice work!!! What did you use to do this?

MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!

Shelton, Washington State

Howdy Jonny,

It's an exciting and suspenseful opening cue.

I hope the movie does well.

A northwest filmmaker was filming some scenes for a zombie movie a few months ago in my down town Shelton, WA. They had an ad in the local paper for made up zombie volunteers.

Go Back to forum