• Register
  • Help

Topic: Hello from Jonny Lost

Share/Bookmark

Hello from Jonny Lost

Hey everyone,

It your friendly neighborhood film composer, Jonny Lost, back from the dead, more or less! :-) More, I would hope!

Anyway, I wanted to stop by and say hello to everyone. I'm afraid to admit it, but I believe it's been over a year since I posted anything in the forum. I know, pretty pathetic!!!

Well, I come back with my hat in my hands!! As a penance, I have posted my newest film cue in the listening room. I hope everyone enjoys it.

Things certainly have evolved around here in Garritan-Land!! It's alot to take in, trying to get back into the swing of things. I've unofficially been on a composing hiatus for about the last year and a half. I had to take a step back and concentrate on my family and re-build my career after a second teaching position was cut out from underneath!!

Never fear though, Jonny has survived and am ready to jump back into the action! "Once more unto the fray!!!"

I hope everyone is doing ok.

As always, if there is anything I can do to help or offer assistance to anyone, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Have a good night,
    Jonny (Where the heck have you been young man? Do you know how worried sick we were?!!" Lost
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Re: Hello from Jonny Lost

Welcome back, Jonny!-- Now I hope you have these good ol' Garritan Forums on a handy bookmark so you can easily check in every day.

Are you hip to Gary's newest library "Instant Orchestra"--? It's a sample set you could definitely use in your film scoring projects.

And thanks for the nifty "Zombie" theme you posted in The Listening Room. I'm looking forward to hearing more things from you - and hope I don't have to wait another year this time!

Randy

Hey Randy,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I have been watching what is going on over here in Garritan-Land out of the corner of my eye while I've been away. I've been talking with Jerry Wickham, who has helped bring me up to speed on some of the newest developments. I'm probably going to pick up Instant Orchestra and the World Library. I should probably upgrade to GPO 4 at some point as well! :-)

I'm glad that you enjoyed the Zombie tune. I have a lot more to post, but I don't want to be that guy and blow through the Listening Rooms posting guidelines. So, I will post more soon, I guess!

I plan on being around for the long haul. I've missed hanging out here and all the great music that our forum members create.

I hope things are going well. Have a nice day.

Jonny

PS: I haven't had the chance to listen to tour Mark Twain stuff, but I will as soon as I can. I'll make sure to leave some comments too! :-)
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Glad that he is'nt lost.

Welcome back. And now we expect some really exciting music from your hand. Hesitating is over, no more excuses

Raymond

You know what? This is probably one of only a few times I've posted anything here in a couple years. I've visited frequently, but just never had the time, or felt that I couldn't really contribute anything of worth to whatever thread I was following. Welcome back Jonny! Things HAVE changed here for sure!!
    Your friend,
    Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Go Back to forum