• Register
  • Help

Topic: Danny Elfmanns childrens choir sound?

Share/Bookmark

Danny Elfmanns childrens choir sound?

Does anyone know what killer childrens choir sample Danny Elfmann uses (Edward Scissorhands, Batman, etc...) or does he use a real choir? If so, what CD is it?

Re: Danny Elfmanns childrens choir sound?

Edward Scissorhands feautured the Paulist Choristers of California.

He uses real choir.... Like all decent composers....
    I\'d love to have an Elfmanish \'la-la\' choir sampled though. Dunno how well it\'d work as samples though - I think part of the reason it works so well is the diversity of the notes, so if you hear the same \'la\' allover, it won\'t be very scary or dynamic.

Simon

Simon, I created a KILLER \"la-la\" sound for a song I did for the vid-game Tomba 2.

I\'ve been thinking of making a \"odd voice\" sample cd somewhere down the line. The \"la-la\" sound I made was with my own voice and altered. I think sampling one octave 3-4 times would be good enough for one velocity level. Man I\'m gonna cut a section off that song out so you can check it out.

I figured he probably used a real choir because of the great dynamics and expression, but I thought I might have gotten lucky and gotten that sound in \"Symphony of Voices\" when I bought it last week. Anyway, I\'m still very pleased with \"Symphony of Voices.\" It\'s a truly great CD!

Go Back to forum