• Register
  • Help

Topic: "The Homecoming"

Share/Bookmark

"The Homecoming"

All,

I composed this after seeing a plane load of flag-draped caskets on TV. Fallen American soldiers were being returned from Iraq and Afghanistan to the USA.

It was their final "Homecoming".

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "The Homecoming"

The heart felt sincerity of your tribute comes through loud, clear, strongly, Larry. Soldiers engaged in the contemporary world-wide madness, sometimes losing their lives because of it - they couldn't have enough tributes written in their honor.

I think anyone here listening to your new piece will be caught up in an unexpected way. We're so accustomed to your trademarks of high energy and humor - it's always good for us to hear from your more serious side.

Please allow me a general comment of the technical kind - This recording has a more stiff quality than most of your tracks. I think it's a combination of low reverb levels and rather strict quantization. It's detracting from the mood of your work to some degree. In case there are elements you know you could adjust, I feel you would be serving your music well to see about a new rendering/recording.

I salute you, Mr. Larry.

Randy

I never use quantization.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Yes it's a bit of surprise, the sad and serious composing by you, but it may just enforce the perception of humanity we have of you Larry.

Moving piece my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    Yes it's a bit of surprise, the sad and serious composing by you, but it may just enforce the perception of humanity we have of you Larry.

Moving piece my friend.
    Thank you, my Italiano friend! I appreciate the kind words.

My best to you.

Ciao,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum