• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Dan Dean Solo Strings for Gigasampler Released

Share/Bookmark

Dan Dean Solo Strings for Gigasampler Released

We\'re pleased to announce that the Dan Dean Solo Strings are finally available. Feel free to check out the press release at http://www.soniccontrol.com/news/sept2000/ddeansolostrings.shtml

If anyone has any questions don\'t hesitate to contact Dan or myself.

Best Wishes,

Mike

Re: Dan Dean Solo Strings for Gigasampler Released

Sounds interesting! Is there anywhere where I can find demos of the library?

Simon

I used to have a Emu E64 sampler a couple years ago . And at the time I had a 20 disk library for it . Most of the cd\'s were pretty poor sounding. Out of all the cd\'s there were only 2 that stood out as pretty good sounding .My second favurate was the peter sedlechez strings and my favorate was the Dan Dean Bass. For the time and that emu format the quality was light years beyond every other library, so judging from that I bet this solo strings disc will be smoking.
    With every note sampled ,articulation variations and samples digitized via apogee converters ,this should be a great library.
    Any mp3 demos?

I\'m glad to hear the Giga-version is out now! I don\'t know if you guys have it, but when I got Gigastudio 96 it came with a Dan Dean viola sample and it sounds fantastic! The only thing that I didn\'t like was the fact that a sample would only hold for about 2 and a half seconds then stop but I\'m sure if you have the complete solo string library you will have a few different samples to choose from maybe with longer sustain.
    If the violin and cello sound as good as the viola, I have no doubt that this library will be one of the best solo string libraries available.

> The only thing that I didn\'t like was the
    > fact that a sample would only hold for
    > about 2 and a half seconds then stop but
    > I\'m sure if you have the complete solo
    > string library you will have a few
    > different samples to choose from maybe
    > with longer sustain.

I wouldn\'t assume that, but certainly hope it\'s true. AO has sustained sustained Cello samples as short as a second and a half!

Bill, Dan Dean wrote me back on a post and said that he decided to redo the viola sample on the solo strings library due to the fact that they had such short sustain. So he says it\'s been done.

Has anybody heard (or is there a site where I can hear) a demo of these strings?

Thanks,
    Mahlon Bouldin

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mahlon:
    Has anybody heard (or is there a site where I can hear) a demo of these strings?

Thanks,
    Mahlon Bouldin
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a new mp3 at my website: http://www.halcyon.com/ddean/

Thanks,
    Dan Dean

A question for Dan Dean
    Just wondering since the strings were recorded in 24 bit a dithered down to 16.
    Would you concider offering the 24 bit undithered version of the strings , since giga satudio will currently play 24 bit 48 k samples. thanks , Ken

Any plans on bringing the Solo Strings over to the Emu format? I\'d like to be able to use them with my live setup.

Go Back to forum