• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Its raining rubies (straight ahead jazz)

Share/Bookmark

Its raining rubies (straight ahead jazz)

This song is a few years old but I have never posted it. I added some needed EQ to it. It sounds like the piano has a rotating pan. (I really don't know where the sample came from.) This uses JABB horns and vibraphone. Please give it a listen.
    Thanks, Jay.

www.jesse.us.com/rubies.mp3

Re: Its raining rubies (straight ahead jazz)

Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01 View Post
    This song is a few years old but I have never posted it. I added some needed EQ to it. It sounds like the piano has a rotating pan. (I really don't know where the sample came from.) This uses JABB horns and vibraphone. Please give it a listen.
    Thanks, Jay.

www.jesse.us.com/rubies.mp3
    Just great, Jay - Really nice. I admire your jazz abilities so much. And you sure get the most out of JABB. People need to hear this - and anyone who complains about JABB instruments being too this, too that - they need to hear what it sounds like in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing.

Floating piano and all--lol--I loved it.-- Small tech note - sounds like the tail of the MP3 got cut off.

THANKS, Jay!
    Randy

I love your jazz pieces.

Oddly (you'll say), when I listen to your pieces I'm taken back to my days relaxing at home playing Sim City and Sim Golf on the PC - those games used jazz as their main background music - strange connection I know.

The horns are superb on this - as is the rest of the band, I didn't get any sense of 'samples' from it. Expertly done, and played.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

I like your use of the brass as subtle lines in this piece. Randy is correct is saying you demonstrate excellent orchestration technique in your use of JaBB and the brasses in it. The piece is a relaxing, kick back and enjoy style that I really like. Well done! Jay!!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Hey Randy! Thanks for listening. For the kind of sound that I like to get with jazz horns, JABB works just right for me. I have tried other products, but they did not give me what I wanted. Your comments and input, as always, is much appreciated

Plowking, thanks a lot for the nice words. Music sure does find its way into our lives doesn't it. This song makes me think of a lady that I knew in upper Michigan (Indian River to be exact.) I am not sure why it reminds me of her, but it does. I remember SIM software, but I never used it. I did not realize that they used Jazz in the background. Anyway, thanks for taking time to listen.

Rich! I try to fill the rhythmic 'holes' in the main melody with a secondary one line melody (in a jazz counterpoint fashion) and then I harmonize that secondary line with additional horns. I really have fun with trying to get two melodies going that don't interfere with each other. I am glad that you enjoyed this. I enjoyed writing it.

Thanks all. Jay

jay,

it is with pleasure that I chime in as another fan of your music, jazz or not. You are a natural...

Fab

sec2! Thank you very much for the nice words about my music. Your comment will encourage me to write more.
    Thanks for listening. Jay

Jay,

This is kick back cool music. A fine touch with the instruments and mix.

It was an awesome listen.

Phil

Hey Phil! Thanks for listening and commenting. I appreciate it.
    Jay

Some very nice smooth jazz you made! I especially like the vibe and trumpet. First song of the morning, and it set the right mood for the day! Nice!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast