• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Omnisphere- would love to see a simple update for latch mode

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere- would love to see a simple update for latch mode

very simple one. Was playing with live mode and started to get a cool groove going using latch mode. The issue is that after I built my 8 grooves- I had no idea what keys were latched for each sound- and thus had to just lose the latch to release everything. I would love to see an option showing a keyboard under latched sound with lit keys representing what is latched. Hopefully this can go on the feature request list. Would help immensely in live performance as well.

Re: Omnisphere- would love to see a simple update for latch mode

Let me know how you can fit showing 704 keys in Live Mode clearly and we'll talk. ;-)

(88 keys X 8 parts)

spectrum

Sometimes things that sound simple really aren't. :-)

Thought I would check back to see if anyone had any ideas......Maybe this will bump it back to the top. If not, and no one is interested, I'll drop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cokoke98 View Post
    Thought I would check back to see if anyone had any ideas......Maybe this will bump it back to the top. If not, and no one is interested, I'll drop it.
    Well, in my mind- just show a single keyboard across the bottom that updates depending on which live slot is currently enabled. I am probably missing something big like multiple access but maybe this could work.

Here is a dirty mockup of what is in my little head (ok, fat head).
    https://twitter.com/#!/Shopfee/statu...360193/photo/1

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    Let me know how you can fit showing 704 keys in Live Mode clearly and we'll talk. ;-)

(88 keys X 8 parts)

spectrum
    Sure, have it as an option for the Omni TR app for THE NEW IPAD. That resolution should be able to handle it no problem hahahahah!

Sometimes things that sound simple really aren't. :-)
    Eric- your tone is so bad- having a bad day- stress in the office- working your butt on something big?????
    At least I put a little effort into showing you what I thought- beats just throwing out random wishes without having a clue on how it would impact everything (although I am pretty sure I missed something completely obvious that would make my idea a non-starter).
    <hugs>

Quote Originally Posted by Javaj View Post
    Eric- your tone is so bad- having a bad day- stress in the office- working your butt on something big?????
    At least I put a little effort into showing you what I thought- beats just throwing out random wishes without having a clue on how it would impact everything (although I am pretty sure I missed something completely obvious that would make my idea a non-starter).
    <hugs>
    Mmmmm I dont see "the bad tone", "the bad day" or "the stress" in Eric answer. I only an answer at your question.

Could it be that my computer only produce nice answers and yours not ?

No bad attitude here, sorry if it came off that way.

The reason the idea is a non-starter is because when you latch notes on one part, the stay when you switch to another part...so for the GUI to be useful, you'd really have to show 88 for all 8 parts simultaneously....one part only would be confusing...and which part is shown if multiple parts are enabled?

Hence the problems. :-)

No bad attitude here, sorry if it came off that way.

The reason the idea is a non-starter is because when you latch notes on one part, the stay when you switch to another part...so for the GUI to be useful, you'd really have to show 88 for all 8 parts simultaneously....one part only would be confusing...and which part is shown if multiple parts are enabled?

Hence the problems. :-)
    Sorry, the way I read the response was in the heavily sarcastic way. I can see the issue with several parts enabled being the issue (if you were using the iPad controller to enable multiple parts at once). I still can see the usefulness of it on a normal system by showing whatever preset is highlighted. Regardless, just a wish I had so no worries.

Go Back to forum