• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Omnisphere Pack

Share/Bookmark

New Omnisphere Pack

Most of you probably received already ILIO's promotional email advertising their new Omnisphere library EDM FIRE.
    100 Omni patches compiled or re-programmed for the Electro-Dubstep-Trans-House minded among us.
    An independent Omnisphere library is in itself an event rare enough to be newsworthy and this little pack contains a few patches having the potential to become clichés, while waiting for the next update.
    OK, the overal quality is not that of the Bob Moog Library. Some of the patches sound unfinished or too harsh or overly effected (at least for my taste), but if you think you've been waiting too long, $ 15 is a fair price to keep your hands dirty with some modular phat.
    It was also a surprise to find there a few patches from the upcoming John Lehmkuhl's Omnisphere Power Pack. All great stuff by the way...
    Feel free to share your thoughts & impressions if like me, you succumbed to the novelty temptation and bought this library.

Re: New Omnisphere Pack

Hey Bosmarth,

No question that you can't really compare EDM Fire and the Bob Moog Tribute library. That would be like comparing a Bentley to a Honda (with the Tribute library being the Bentley). But I do feel like your comments are indeed based more on taste than on quality, so I'm going to agree with you on that front. A lot of people have made comments that are overwhelmingly positive and at least a couple of guys actually purchased Omnisphere so they could use the patches (one being a sound designer for several major films). Here's another raving review:

"These are some nasty and cool, amazing sounds! Some real surprises...nothing generic here. It's wonderful to hear some truly unique and different sonic ideas. ...They are going into heavy rotation." -Jeff Rona (Traffic, Black Hawk Down, God of War III for PS3)

Certainly the patches are aggressive, but I think that is the appeal. Others who may be reading this post can hear them in a musical context by clicking the "Demo" tab, here: http://www.ilio.com/products/ilio-downloads/edmfire

BTW, thank you for snagging it! I hope you grow to like it like many others have!

Best,

Michael (AKA MIDIhead)

Hi Michael,

What a privilege to have the EDM Fire author answering here in person!
    I agree with you and Jeff Rona, there are some very interesting patches that alone justify the library's price.
    I personally like "Eleven PM", "Ice Plux", "Octaver Maximus (1 & 2)" and many more... Thanks for those!
    Perhaps you could have gone a little further for sounds like "Huevos Grandes", "Super Wob Hopper" etc., but as you point out, such a perception is only a matter of taste.
    But at the end of the day, our opinions, expressed here or elsewhere, are all matter of taste.
    This being said, I encourage everyone to buy your library.
    And to share their thoughts, if they bother to do so.
    Cheers!
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by bosmarth View Post
    Hi Michael,

What a privilege to have the EDM Fire author answering here in person!
    I agree with you and Jeff Rona, there are some very interesting patches that alone justify the library's price.
    I personally like "Eleven PM", "Ice Plux", "Octaver Maximus (1 & 2)" and many more... Thanks for those!
    Perhaps you could have gone a little further for sounds like "Huevos Grandes", "Super Wob Hopper" etc., but as you point out, such a perception is only a matter of taste.
    But at the end of the day, our opinions, expressed here or elsewhere, are all matter of taste.
    This being said, I encourage everyone to buy your library.
    And to share their thoughts, if they bother to do so.
    Cheers!
    Martin
    Totally appreciate your feedback. The great thing about these patches is that it's easy to update them. In fact, it's even mentioned on the ILIO website that registered customers are entitled to free updates. That said, it would be cool to get your thoughts on what you feel sounds like "Huevos Grandes" and "Super Wob Hopper" are missing, in your opinion... and of course if you have feedback for others, that would be great to hear also. It would also help for me to know the primary styles of music you produce so I can see where you're coming from. And thanks for starting this thread, BTW.

Best,

Michael

I grabbed these patches after I read these posts. I am happily suprised at how many of these patches that I find useful! For $15 I think it is an excellent value. Thanks!

Peace, Light

Quote Originally Posted by lightfinger View Post
    I grabbed these patches after I read these posts. I am happily suprised at how many of these patches that I find useful! For $15 I think it is an excellent value. Thanks!

Peace, Light
    Awww, thanks for that. Maybe it's good then that your expectations were initially low. JK.

Go Back to forum