• Register
  • Help

Topic: Soundfont Conversion

Share/Bookmark

Soundfont Conversion

Curious, I\'ve got several collections of Soundfonts (Orbit and Planet Phatt) that I purchased from Emu. They contain 3 banks of sounds each. I have been able to extract each sound using Awave (to create a single Soundfont) and successfully converted to a Gig file. However, if I try to convert the whole file (all banks), I have problems. I can load it fine into the Gigastudio Editor, and it seems to be able to see all of the banks. When I try to save it, it gets a GPF (when it tries to load 2.0 info).

Will Gigastudio Editor only convert single instruments?

Re: Soundfont Conversion

I\'ve also notice a similar problem with some soundfont files. Hopefully we all find out what it is soon.

PaPa Chalk

You can get your big SF2 files converted by opening them in the GSEditor and deleting all but one bank at a time. Then save it. You can also then copy and paste that one \"bank\" of sounds into a new gig file and all the unused wave files get left behind. This will save just fine.

However I have yet to figure out how to get a drum kit in SF2 format converted. Actually the conversion works fine but the bank number is -23478934 or some such piece of garbage. So you can manually load and play it you can not select it with a bank/patch combination such as you would do in Cakewalk. Any ideas?

Thanks Dale, that helps alot. I\'ve been using Awave to strip the individual SF\'s out and converting. Real time consuming...

Go Back to forum