• Register
  • Help

Topic: Overture 4 w/ Aria

Share/Bookmark

Overture 4 w/ Aria

Hi, could someone point me in the right direction on information on how to use the Aria Player w/ Overture 4.0?
    I'm not sure on how to actually LOAD the VST? I'm new to this. Not sure on how to get them both working together.

Thanks.

Re: Overture 4 w/ Aria

Quote Originally Posted by SecondSelf View Post
    Hi, could someone point me in the right direction on information on how to use the Aria Player w/ Overture 4.0?
    I'm not sure on how to actually LOAD the VST? I'm new to this. Not sure on how to get them both working together.

Thanks.
    Hi, SecondSelf

Have you read the Overture manual about how to use VSTs? I've looked up info online, and got quite a few pages on the topic. ARIA loads and is used in Overture like any other VST soft synth - So you don't have something specifically different to learn for using ARIA, you just need to read up on how to use VSTs in Overture.

Randy

Re: Overture 4 w/ Aria

You installed ARIA.

Since Overture still is a 32 bits application, you'll need the ARIA x86_Multi dll file. Find out where you have that installed. Remember the folder name;
    1. Load Overture and go to Options, click the Preferences/Playback and set Use Audio Engine;
    2. Go to the VST tab, click and in the window you will find Set Folder;
    3. Set the folder to the name where that dll file of ARIA is;
    4. Close Overture and load it again (a bit strange but Overture first needs to know where it will find your instrument definitions);
    5. Again go to the VST tab, now you see more items in black, choose Instrument Rack;
    6. A window comes up with nothing in it, but click on the first shaded item Load Instrument;
    7. When done and ARIA has been chosen, it comes up. Now you can choose the instruments you want.

Now you are busy with Garritan stuff and all about that is in the GPO manual/ARIA manual.
    Have fun,

Raymond

Go Back to forum