• Register
  • Help

Topic: Principles of Orchestration

Share/Bookmark

Principles of Orchestration

random question and I apologize if someone already asked and I missed the answer: was there some sort of special and/or readily available software used to create the audio examples in the RK and Chuck Israels orchestration tutorials elsewhere on this forum?

anybody know? If so I'd like to obtain it

-Chris
    There is the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Therefore there must be a God. You either get this one or you don't - Kreeft & Tacelli
    The will to achieve is not sufficient. Some things should not be achieved. - Rimsky-Korsakov
    Musicians are just these guys that want to make music. Okay, they want to have a wonderful lifestyle, but the majority just want to make really great music. - Jon Anderson

Re: Principles of Orchestration

Quote Originally Posted by suspenlute View Post
    random question and I apologize if someone already asked and I missed the answer: was there some sort of special and/or readily available software used to create the audio examples in the RK and Chuck Israels orchestration tutorials elsewhere on this forum?

anybody know? If so I'd like to obtain it

-Chris
    Greetings.

I used Garritan Personal Orchestra V1(when It was in Kontakt 1 format) for the RK book. I believe the same was done for the big band course.
    Robert Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Cantabile View Post
    Greetings.

I used Garritan Personal Orchestra V1(when It was in Kontakt 1 format) for the RK book. I believe the same was done for the big band course.
    I know Garritan libraries were used for the SOUND but I meant the actual flash objects with play/pause buttons and the "progress" bar following the score.
    There is the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Therefore there must be a God. You either get this one or you don't - Kreeft & Tacelli
    The will to achieve is not sufficient. Some things should not be achieved. - Rimsky-Korsakov
    Musicians are just these guys that want to make music. Okay, they want to have a wonderful lifestyle, but the majority just want to make really great music. - Jon Anderson

I know Garritan libraries were used for the SOUND but I meant the actual flash objects with play/pause buttons and the "progress" bar following the score.
    OH my apologies. I misunderstood what you meant by what software was used for the audio examples Sorry about that. I honestly do not know. I will have to ask around..
    Robert Davis

I believe that they used software named Camtasia.

Quote Originally Posted by sandden1 View Post
    I believe that they used software named Camtasia.
    out of my price range but it gives me a direction to look in. thanks sandden1 and cantabile.

out of my price range but it gives me a direction to look in. thanks sandden1 and cantabile.
    This topic seems to come up once in a while along with software to create tutorials. It always gets me looking to see what's out there. Camtasia indeed looks like the best, however the same company sells Snagit that looks like it might work for you at 1/4 the cost.

Also check out CamStudio which is freeware. It's a little clunky to use though and may not work in this instance.
    Steve Winkler GPO4 JAAB3 Finale 2012 Reaper Windows 7 Pro 64-bit VSL SE+

Quote Originally Posted by swinkler View Post
    Also check out CamStudio which is freeware. It's a little clunky to use though and may not work in this instance.
    LOL I've had camstudio for years and until now didn't even realize it could make SWFs. thanks for the tip.

Go Back to forum