• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problems with EastWest authorization

Problems with EastWest authorization

Hello everybody,

my name is Matthias and I'm completely new to composing music for and with sample libraries and I'm new in this community. I hope this thread is in the correct topic and no one has asked the same question before. The search function could not help me.

So here's my problem:
    I purchased the Complete Composer's collection from EastWest and an ilok2 recently. Had to buy the ilok from another store because E/W didn't have one on stock....
    All items have arrived and I'm thrilled to start working with it, but I can't. I just seem to be too stupid to understand the authorization process.
    I already have an account at ilok.com. My ilok is registered, but I don't know how to add the licenses to it. The authorization codes were sent to me via e-mail, but I cannot enter them on at ilok.com. When you go to "Redeem a license" there are fields that look like you could enter a license, but the website only allows numerical characters. my authorization codes are letters.

ilok account was set up using a PC. My library is installed on a Mac which doesn't have access to the internet. When I launch E/W's authorization wizzard on my Mac, an error messge pops up saying something about host not found.

Do I have to be connected to the internet with my Mac in order to be able to authorize my software?

I'm sorry to bother you with such tiny problems, but I just don't know what to do. I'm disgusted with ilok.com as there is no way you can get personal support (mail or phone) and if the stupid videos and screencasts don't solve your problem you're fu.....
    E/W's FAQ didn't help me much either, so I really hope to find some clever people here, that can help me solve this mystery.

Thanks a lot,

Re: Problems with EastWest authorization

Yes, of course you need to be connected to the internet...

You need to run the East West authorization wizard. That's where you enter that code that consists of letters. I am not a Mac guy, so I am not sure of the dir structure, but somewhere in your OS drive, within an East West folder, there should be a file called Authorization Wizard.exe - open that, and you should be good to go.

thanks for your answers. I tried it again last night with my mac connected to the internet and it worked. All codes were registered and now I can finally start working.

I also tested the QL Pianos for five minutes and I did like the sound of the samples. However, when I use my master keyboard to input data (instead of mouse) there's something wrong with the sound.
    It's not clear and brilliant anymore. The piano now sounds dull and almost dead.

Did anyone experience the same effect? What's the problem?

My master keyboard is connected with my audio interface (M-Box2) through a MIDI cable.

Thanks again for your help. I appreciate it.

Go Back to forum