• Register
  • Help

Topic: Multi-Channel Garritan IO

Multi-Channel Garritan IO

Hello, I am a Newbie and of course have a question!

A portion of Instant Orchestra presets, combos and moods have set ups that have many instruments on different channels.

Verses some presets have a handful all on one (playing simultaneously of course).

I get this.

I'd like to know (within a DAW) how to capitalize the multi-channel presets effectively?

Do I need to launch a separate instance of IO on each track to record/playback the desired instrument?

I'm trying to figure this out.

In past experience, I've recorded on as many tracks as needed (up to 16 in this case), each track associated with it's specific instrument (using an external keyboard as my multi-timbral sound module). Channel to channel as desired etc.

But...when I enter the world of VST's...I'm striving to understand something unfamiliar.

I'm using Mackie's Tracktion 3 incidentally (an old horse---but works for me)...for about 4 years now.

Thanks in advance for any general pointers.

Re: Multi-Channel Garritan IO

In case this may help someone...I spent some time fingering it out.

Seems there's more than one way...depending on what you want to accomplish.

The simplest way is to use ONE instance of IO and route all midi channels to that track where the plug in resides.

I can then (with my keyboard in multi-timbral/seq mode) simply select the track/chan I want (on the Yamaha keyboard)and voila...I'm good.

Should be a cinch from here on out...now to the good stuff!

Go Back to forum