• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Greetings from the Oregon coast

Share/Bookmark

Greetings from the Oregon coast

My wife, Kate, and I are enjoying an all too rare vacation getaway - We're at the rugged Oregon coast, in a town named Neskowin. I took this picture today from the porch of this wonderful cottage where we're staying - The ocean is just right there, mere feet from the porch. Cool, some rain, churning waves - we're enjoying the view from inside immensely, fire blazing, roar of the ocean is the only sound besides the crackling of the fire.

All of this Facebook drama is something I've been observing from this ironically peaceful location!

Aaaaaaaaah this is just great-
    Randy

Re: Greetings from the Oregon coast

That looks fantastic! It was in the 80s here today - very unseasonable - and I envy you your temperatures! Please say hello to the Pacific for me.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

Randy!

Karen and I are on our way over with a case of wine! That is gorgeous, Randy! So glad you and Kate are enjoying yourself. Karen loves Oregon. She just told me, anytime I'm ready to move there, she's ready! So am I!

Have a wonderful time, Randy!

Gary and Karen
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Kick back and enjoy. It certainly looks peaceful.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Chip, Gary and Rich - Thanks for your greetings! It is so fantastic here. Right now it's 45 degrees, humidity is 95%. But very cozy in the cottage with our fire going, the churning, white waves pounding right outside the windows I'm looking through.

We're just in from a simply scrumptious and excellent meal at The Hawk Creek Cafe. It's a tiny place with 8 tables, serving what some think is the best food on the Oregon coast. Mmmmmmmm it was great - we both had the Seafood Medley--Halibut steaks, Dungeness crab cakes, pan-fried Oysters-- haven't ever had better of any of those dishes. White wine, chunky salad with a pesto vinaigrette, home-made bread - now how you can beat that? Creme Brulee that we took home with us awaits.

Guaranteed you'll like it - you're in Oregon, you have to look this place up! Just be prepared to wait on the porch awhile to be seated, even if it's snowing like in this picture I found - the place is always packed.

Randy

I just put this on my bucket list!

[Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Well, Randy, the whole Pacific Coast is on magnificent beauty, although sometimes somewhat treacherous when it is stormy!

Enjoy yourself, but try to avoid my first experience of the Oregon Coast, about 1933!

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland View Post
    ...try to avoid my first experience of the Oregon Coast, about 1933!

Richard
    oh my, sounds like there's a story there. OK-- how to avoid your experience from 1933?!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    oh my, sounds like there's a story there. OK-- how to avoid your experience from 1933?!

Randy
    Well, not much of a story, although obviously a memorable occasion for me. Actually, it was probably 1934. It was my first experience at being rescued from the water, although I did not feel threatened. I was suddenly surrounded by water, and then I was hauled out by Charlie Krieger. A few minutes later, I thought it would be nice to wash his new car, so I began, using a brush with long steel/iron bristles. I was also hauled away from this. My younger brother, not yet born, was named Charles after Charlie Krieger. At that time my parents did not know that his real name was Cornelius. My brother is still grateful that they did not know his real name. I wonder, if my brother had been born a girl, would he have been named after the wife, hence being forever known as Nevada Wayland?

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland View Post
    Well, not much of a story, although obviously a memorable occasion for me. Actually, it was probably 1934. It was my first experience at being rescued from the water, although I did not feel threatened. I was suddenly surrounded by water, and then I was hauled out by Charlie Krieger. A few minutes later, I thought it would be nice to wash his new car, so I began, using a brush with long steel/iron bristles. I was also hauled away from this. My younger brother, not yet born, was named Charles after Charlie Krieger. At that time my parents did not know that his real name was Cornelius. My brother is still grateful that they did not know his real name. I wonder, if my brother had been born a girl, would he have been named after the wife, hence being forever known as Nevada Wayland?

Richard
    Ha! Nice vignettes from the past - Thanks, Richard.

I'm not getting too close to the water - there's no one around who could fish me out!

Randy

Go Back to forum