• Register
  • Help

Topic: Akai conversions

Share/Bookmark

Akai conversions

Has anybody had problems getting Gigastudio to recognize or convert Akai samples that Gigasampler was able to handle? I have Symphony of Voices, which Gigasampler handled beautifully. But Gigastudio is only able to read about a third of the partitions on SOV. The ones it can read, it converts just fine. Any ideas?

Re: Akai conversions

I\'ve got crashes just by having CD in the drive (any kind of CD - akai, regular ISO etc) when I start GigaStudio or when I\'m in GigaStudio. The batch converter sometimes crash too, but if I just drag instruments from akai CD to GS, they convert and load fine to GigaStudio.

I have also had a prob getting Akai CDs recognized. About 2/3 of the partitions come up with wierd nonsense directory names. Very strange since Gigasampler used to do convert them perfectly. I guess we should be emailing Nemesys about this.

One of the trickiest things about reading Akai CD-ROM\'s/drives is accuratly judging where the partitions are. Over half the programs that read Akai proprietary format trip up on the disks that \"throw the data curves.\" The wierd directory names come from missing the partition location.

I will make a note of that CD-ROM, see if I can check into the issue and work up a solution.

Garth Hjelte
    Chicken Systems Customer Support
    Home of \"Translator\"

Go Back to forum