• Register
  • Help

Topic: Speaking of GM-500,has anyone here tried to creat their own Gen Midi Performance ?

Share/Bookmark

Speaking of GM-500,has anyone here tried to creat their own Gen Midi Performance ?

Im getting ready to build my own Gen Midi performance bank.Using some of my favurate sounds like the Bosendorf Piano and AO strings ect. Just wondering if anyone else has created a Gen midi performance bank with their favurate sounds and how much ram did you need in your computer to achieve this?

Re: Speaking of GM-500,has anyone here tried to creat their own Gen Midi Performance ?

Hi!
    I didn\'t try to create anything like that, but hearing you mention AO strings I can give you example. I do orchestral arrangements and for that I need to load basically the whole SO at once. When I used to have 96 MB RAM, I could just load 5 to 6 solo instruments like oboe, bassoon trumpet etc and than my computer would get stuck loading the next instrument. Separately, I wouldn\'t manage even the third strings (i.e. cellos after violins and violas). Now, with 224 MB it is much better but late romantic composers are still beyond my possibilities. Basically I can load the complete strings, together with some 8 solo instruments with ca 75% Memory used. No piano! No harp!
    Needless to say that I am using the crossfaded (XFD) versions which take twice as much memory, so with the normal samples you might be better off.

Good luck!
    Ondrej

Re: Speaking of GM-500,has anyone here tried to creat their own Gen Midi Performance ?

Seems like Alexander Uni\'s 768 meg of ram isn\'t such a silly idea, given that it\'s the range of options available at the change of a patch that\'s maxing out the machine, rather than number of notes in the arrangement at any given time.

Go Back to forum