• Register
  • Help

Topic: Buying GOS?

Share/Bookmark

GOS updates?

I just found out that there were 2 updates total to the GOS. Where can owners of the product get the updates?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Goit; 03-19-2012 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Changed subject again.

Re: Buying GOS?

The updates were mailed to the customers in the past as they were too big to download back in the day.

I would contact Garritan customer support (MakeMusic) to see if there is a way to get updates. It's been 7-8 years since that last update.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
    The updates were mailed to the customers in the past as they were too big to download back in the day.

I would contact Garritan customer support (MakeMusic) to see if there is a way to get updates. It's been 7-8 years since that last update.

Jim
    I sent Garritan himself a message but haven't heard from him yet. So he is officially no longer involved with anything that has to do with this anymore?

I called makemusic and they told me to give them the license number and as much customer info as possible. They said they had just acquired Garritan and is still figuring out what they had bought. He said they will do "research" into this. I don't know whether everything Garritan once worked on are now in their hands, or just the current products.

oh wow, well GOS hasn't been available for years. An updated version for ARIA has been in the works for a very long time though.
    Yeah, but I have a copy in my hands and would still like the updates. Mine has only 18 CDs.

Well, makemusic disclaimed all responsibility. They just said something about users will get an upgrade path to GOS2 two eons away.

At least with video games, even when a company goes down the patches are still hosted on file hosting sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Goit View Post
    Well, makemusic disclaimed all responsibility. They just said something about users will get an upgrade path to GOS2 two eons away.

At least with video games, even when a company goes down the patches are still hosted on file hosting sites.
    I see you're frustrated, Goit, and I can understand that this a bummer for you.

But this isn't a case of "when a company goes down." Garritan is now a prominent part of MakeMusic, and from all indications, the development of Gary's projects will be happening faster and more smoothly than ever.

GOS is being developed for ARIA, and from what I've gleaned, is a high priority item. It wouldn't work too well to have the original files available on a hosting site somewhere, in their format which is no longer supported.

My hope is that you can be pleasantly surprised in the near future with the revamped new version of GOS.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    I see you're frustrated, Goit, and I can understand that this a bummer for you.

But this isn't a case of "when a company goes down." Garritan is now a prominent part of MakeMusic, and from all indications, the development of Gary's projects will be happening faster and more smoothly than ever.

GOS is being developed for ARIA, and from what I've gleaned, is a high priority item. It wouldn't work too well to have the original files available on a hosting site somewhere, in their format which is no longer supported.

My hope is that you can be pleasantly surprised in the near future with the revamped new version of GOS.

Randy
    Then does anyone here have an extra copy of the updated edition that they don't need?

(did Garritan allow resales back in 2005?)

Go Back to forum