• Register
  • Help

Topic: Seeking new worlds

Share/Bookmark

Seeking new worlds

Here's a piece for,full Concert Band using Finale Garrison & CMB.

Re: Seeking new worlds

Hey Gary! I think this is a nice piece. It seemed to have a bit of abstract conflict to it. (I think that is a good thing, not that I am any expert on abstract music). I wonder though, if some softer instrument touches here and there would add a bigger dynamic range to it. Just a thought. I have concert & marching band but so far have only used it a couple of times. It seems to me that the instrument sounds are brighter than say, GPO. Anyway, thanks for the post. Jay

This is the type of piece every section in the band always hoped would show up in their folders. Lots of fun and challenge for everyone and falls into a pleasantly driving entity. Very, very nice work.

This is my new garymosse fave piece. Eccentric and dynamic, as I would always expect, Gary - and I had a great time listening. And I bet what Tom said is true, that it's music "...every section in the band always hoped would show up in their folders..."

Randy

Hi Jay, thanks for listening.
    One reality difference in real performance is that a single bassoon & bass clarinet will not sound that loud. Dynamics in Finale playback are not specific in difference between mp & mf and that reflects on sound.
    I prefer the GPO for solo clarinet & solo horn.
    Thanks for listening, Tom. Your comment about soloes reminds me of a Composer who came into a new group as Conductor & wrote a solo for every section in his 1st concert. He was an instant hit. I prefer to name him but I'm afflicted with CRS. Thanks for your nice comments.
    Thanks for listening, Randy.
    I really hadn't noticed the character of the music. It just flowed from beginning to end in 2 days.

Gary

Go Back to forum